Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ronin MX Camera controls on M600

I'm curious to the AirCmd V2 connections. In email exchanges with AirCmd Rep, I realized it uses the Camera's IR lens and needing to position the IR lead in Ft of IR lens. Is this a stiff wire or do you need to tape or zip strip?

Or do you plan using the Entire module and

Are you meaning the Camera side... the Receiver? The AirCmd kit came with the battery replacement (A9 Smart Plug). You remove your battery door and use the supplied leads... one to the Receiver, the other to the IR Lead.

If you mean on the Transmitter side... you can use multiple methods... 1) separate sm battery, 2) Tap into the RC with a USB spliter... note Pg 5 of AirCmd manual.

The voltage can range from 5-12V... so many options can be used.

Or do you plan using the Entire module? I'd have to look at the manual for the Entire to see how that connects.
If you need Power on the RoninMX side.. there are 2 USB power ports under the RoninMX.

I found the voltage source on the Ronin MX DBus port for the Commander/Entire modules. I now have an image on the crystal sky, I am showing camera settings on the Crystal Sky, everything is powered up. I just have to get the Commander to control the camera via wifi. I can see the receiver getting input from the commander transmitter but nothing is changing. I am done for the night and feel I should have this all set up tomorrow.

I found the voltage source on the Ronin MX DBus port for the Commander/Entire modules. I now have an image on the crystal sky, I am showing camera settings on the Crystal Sky, everything is powered up. I just have to get the Commander to control the camera via wifi. I can see the receiver getting input from the commander transmitter but nothing is changing. I am done for the night and feel I should have this all set up tomorrow.

The "Entire" module has 2 different ways to connect with DJI. The primary method is with the "Entire" module located on the M600Pro, mounted near the A3 Module... referred to as "Basic Entire". The 2nd method is Entire mounted to RoninMX similar to AirCmdV2, but using Wireless vs IR control.

The Entire "On RoninMX" method, all the control is through the AirCmd Remote and the DJI Screen is just showing the Camera Image Feed and Camera-On-Screen settings... but all settings via AirCmd Remote. The camera video connection to M600Pro and to RC Screen is simply a video feed only, no control.

Per the email I received from AirPixel Rep... his response to using with RoninMX M600Pro.. I was inquiring on using the AirCmdV2 or the new Entire.

You have three options, you can take
-AIR Commander v2 A9 Combo (matches A7R3).
With this product you can get most user friendly control its fast, smooth and without any restrictions. Camera basically don't know that is under third party control.
-AIR Commander v2 Entire Combo
With this option you can control A7R3 via USB or WiFi. Control is not as fast, but also works well. Control mechanism is still the same, via AIR Commander v2 remote controller.
-basic Entire
This option will give you the same as Intelli-g, you will be able to map control from the Expansion Kit via F-PORT and SBUS converter to the Entire. There you can map SBUS commands to camera control.

To that communication, I summarized 1) AirCmd V2 setup with AirCmd Remote and realizing distance was about .5km... half the stated range due to LightBridge signal interference and 2) Basic Entire connected to M600Pro like the iNtelli-G directly to the A3 and transmitting "through" Lightbridge with full Lightbridge Range. The "Entire Combo" is basically the same as the AirCmdV2 but requires external power and uses it's own wireless to AirCmd Remote and to Camera... with a little delay. My opinion this is the least preferred option due to needing power source, reduced .5km range and slower control response.

The easiest & quickest setup is the AirCmd V2 but requires IR in Ft of Camera... it uses it's own power and direct control via own remote... video piped through M600Pro with HDMI cable directly (limiting rotation) or via DJI SRW-60G module.

If you apply the "Basic Entire" method you have all connections on M600Pro and using "Entire" short range wireless to A7R and all controls directly through DJI RC .... but this method requires the DJI Expansion Module to control the camera.

The most incorporated method on M600Pro with "Basic Entire" requires the most work and additional components and additional leads & adapters indicated on AirPixel Web site. It also requires the use of additional DJI components: DJI Expansion Module (est $300) and the custom control settings using the DJI Asst 2 interface to configure the Exp Module.

I think I am going this way unless I can get the wifi to work.

"The easiest & quickest setup is the AirCmd V2 but requires IR in Ft of Camera... it uses it's own power and direct control via own remote... video piped through M600Pro with HDMI cable directly (limiting rotation) or via DJI SRW-60G module."

I installed the SRW-60G today. My Open Box Ronin MX kit was missing the battery charger so I am at a stand still till tomorrow when the charger is delivered.

I think I am going this way unless I can get the wifi to work.

"The easiest & quickest setup is the AirCmd V2 but requires IR in Ft of Camera... it uses it's own power and direct control via own remote... video piped through M600Pro with HDMI cable directly (limiting rotation) or via DJI SRW-60G module."

I installed the SRW-60G today. My Open Box Ronin MX kit was missing the battery charger so I am at a stand still till tomorrow when the charger is delivered.
Sounds like you're having the typical array of technical issues... makes it more entertaining in the end.

You lost me on the method you're applying... you have the "Entire Combo" but you indicated opt 1 with AirCmd in quote. I think I'm following... Entire unit on RoninMX, SRW60G and AirCmd Wireless remote. That should work for ya... looking forward to hearing your results or opinion. Also looking forward to hearing what you feel range is like for you. The Entire on RoninMX is indicated as the shortest range option... with Opt 1 a bit better and Opt 3 being full LB2 range.

Thanks for the Push too.... I've gotten my iNtelli-G system out of box and will probably explore installing and setting it up.... so I can evaluate retaining or going with the AirCmd Entire on the M600Pro.

Well... @SanCap you may be on the right track! I'm anxious to hear your outcome!
I've had a few on-going email communications with AirCmd Rep.
Attempting to narrow it down to specific questions... I think there is a little language barrier in translation of my emails to him.

His last communication, he stated the Best Option was the Entire Combo method.
He did acknowledge Range was reduced, but indicated "no one generally takes the M600Pro beyond 0.5Km"... I tend to disagree if you're in a large Ag field, construction site, mapping section or a large land section for landscape. More to the point, not range but stability of signal... the longer the range equates to stronger stable signal in congested 2.4Ghz environments in my opinion. I've had times where the video or control of the M600Pro gets dicey when it's only a few hundred feet from me due to environment.

He stated the Entire Combo package was the primary seller and they haven't received any complaints on Range or Performance. So, that said... I retract any suggestions to go with Opt 1 or 3.

I continue to feel if 1) range is critical concern and 2) control through RC is strongly desired, then Opt 3 using Entire Basic within the M600Pro & A3 and the DJI Exp Module provide the preferred solution. But, if needing a quick workable solution then the Entire on the RoninMX sounds like the way to go.

That's actually where I've been attempting to narrow down... I have the intell-G that just needs to be installed & configured... if it was quick like AirCmd Entire Opt 2, it'd be done already. The intelli-G vs the Entire on the M600Pro has been my comparison and I think the intelli-G is a better solution IF you use more than just the Sony Camera.... such as a Red, GH4/5, etc. The intelli-G will work with a wide selection of cameras. The AirCmd Entire is a better solution if you use only the Sony Camera.

Reactions: SanCap
Well... @SanCap you may be on the right track! I'm anxious to hear your outcome!
I've had a few on-going email communications with AirCmd Rep.
Attempting to narrow it down to specific questions... I think there is a little language barrier in translation of my emails to him.

His last communication, he stated the Best Option was the Entire Combo method.
He did acknowledge Range was reduced, but indicated "no one generally takes the M600Pro beyond 0.5Km"... I tend to disagree if you're in a large Ag field, construction site, mapping section or a large land section for landscape. More to the point, not range but stability of signal... the longer the range equates to stronger stable signal in congested 2.4Ghz environments in my opinion. I've had times where the video or control of the M600Pro gets dicey when it's only a few hundred feet from me due to environment.

He stated the Entire Combo package was the primary seller and they haven't received any complaints on Range or Performance. So, that said... I retract any suggestions to go with Opt 1 or 3.

I continue to feel if 1) range is critical concern and 2) control through RC is strongly desired, then Opt 3 using Entire Basic within the M600Pro & A3 and the DJI Exp Module provide the preferred solution. But, if needing a quick workable solution then the Entire on the RoninMX sounds like the way to go.

That's actually where I've been attempting to narrow down... I have the intell-G that just needs to be installed & configured... if it was quick like AirCmd Entire Opt 2, it'd be done already. The intelli-G vs the Entire on the M600Pro has been my comparison and I think the intelli-G is a better solution IF you use more than just the Sony Camera.... such as a Red, GH4/5, etc. The intelli-G will work with a wide selection of cameras. The AirCmd Entire is a better solution if you use only the Sony Camera.

My Ronin battery charger will be here today. I am going to try all methods that I have the equipment for. The only issue I see with not using the wifi (besides range) is that the Entire needs to be mounted on the camera, the wires are to short to allow full range of camera pitch when the entire is powered off the D Bus on the Ronin. I may have to splice in longer wires if I decide to go that way.

Is there a way to power the Entire from the camera? That would eliminate my short wire issue. The A7R3 battery lasts a long time.

Trust me, I have been lost on this project a couple of times. Although it is a bit frustrating at times I actually enjoy building my own systems like I did before the Inspire 1 came out.

My Ronin battery charger will be here today. I am going to try all methods that I have the equipment for. The only issue I see with not using the wifi (besides range) is that the Entire needs to be mounted on the camera, the wires are to short to allow full range of camera pitch when the entire is powered off the D Bus on the Ronin. I may have to splice in longer wires if I decide to go that way.

Is there a way to power the Entire from the camera? That would eliminate my short wire issue. The A7R3 battery lasts a long time.
On charge port, not on A7... you can feed power to A7 with either USB port, but not use as a power source.

You have the combo kit correct? Have both AirCmd module & Elite module. I’d inspect the ports... if both have the port the AirCmd has to power off the camera battery, via their custom A9 battery adapter... you could use their A9 adapter battery & lead.

You also received the USB (Ronin) port to Elite port cable correct, for power off Ronin... they have listed separately on site too for my reference.
Catching up with ya... You mention gimbal movement compromises the camera movement due to short cables. If you mounted the Elite to the bottom side of gimbal base... or zip striped to the bottom port/power module. Cables would run only a few inches up to camera and pivot with camera.

Speaking of RoninMX and all the various strap on components. When you received your RoninMX, did you use the iPhone App and upgrade RoninMX firmware, calibrate gimbal and perform the various balance settings? Only mentioning because I wasn’t sure if a new balance or calibration was needed. Beyond power source, is there any other cable to Elite. Aren’t all connections wirelessly?

On charge port, not on A7... you can feed power to A7 with either USB port, but not use as a power source.

You have the combo kit correct? Have both AirCmd module & Elite module. I’d inspect the ports... if both have the port the AirCmd has to power off the camera battery, via their custom A9 battery adapter... you could use their A9 adapter battery & lead.

You also received the USB (Ronin) port to Elite port cable correct, for power off Ronin... they have listed separately on site too for my reference.
Catching up with ya... You mention gimbal movement compromises the camera movement due to short cables. If you mounted the Elite to the bottom side of gimbal base... or zip striped to the bottom port/power module. Cables would run only a few inches up to camera and pivot with camera.

Speaking of RoninMX and all the various strap on components. When you received your RoninMX, did you use the iPhone App and upgrade RoninMX firmware, calibrate gimbal and perform the various balance settings? Only mentioning because I wasn’t sure if a new balance or calibration was needed. Beyond power source, is there any other cable to Elite. Aren’t all connections wirelessly?

PM sent

For an idea how the Intell-G Looks and what's involved to mount up.
The Intelli-G module mounts under on belly to provide clear Wireless to Camera's Wireless signal.
The SBus PWM convertor fits nicely under the A3 Pro module, and the SBus cable is long enough to connect the two.
The SBus PWM convertor connects 1 3-wire set to Intelli-G and 7 wires; 6 F-Port (3-8) and 1 Grd to A3 Pro module.
Mounted the intelli-G on the belly, small piece of velcro to mount to rear area on SRW-60G, behind the SRW-60 speaker.

My intelli-G was over year old since I purchased... Powered up with M600Pro battery connection, attached Phone to intelli-g Wireless signal, and installed App on Phone... Intelli-G attached & updated Firmware without issues.

All mounted up and powers up with proper LED signals... will use DJI Asst 2 to setup the DJI Exp Module to the F-Port assignments this weekend. I'll start with the GH4 control setup, then re-config for the A7Riii.

Photos attached for reference....
My biggest hurdle at first was understanding which instructions to follow and what needed wired up. 2nd issue was how & where to mount the 2 main components.

Side Notes to ease disassembly.... on the M600Pro... the top cover has the Ft GPS Tower running through a small hole. I cut a slit thought mount area to allow removing cover easier. On the Belly Cover, I have the setup for the X5 and Z30 Gimbal mounts and the RoninMX & SWR 60G. The Gimbal mounts use different circuit and cables than the RoninMX SWR setup. Creates a crowded belly cover wire passage port... I also cut this open to allow more relaxed cable passage.

Attachments

• Sbus A3 pic2.jpg
    Sbus A3 pic2.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 9
  • SBus A3 Pic4.jpg
    SBus A3 Pic4.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SBus A3 Well.jpg
    SBus A3 Well.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 8
  • SBus PWM conv .jpg
    SBus PWM conv .jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Intelli-G kit.jpg
    Intelli-G kit.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 9
  • SBus A3 FPorts .jpg
    SBus A3 FPorts .jpg
    147 KB · Views: 10
  • M600 Cov Cut.jpg
    M600 Cov Cut.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 7
  • M600 Belly Cover Cut.jpg
    M600 Belly Cover Cut.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Intelli-G Mounted p1.jpg
    Intelli-G Mounted p1.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Intelli-G mounted p3.jpg
    Intelli-G mounted p3.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 8
Few more pics of the Intell-G mounted on the SRW-60G ... from the ft.
The intelligence-g has it's push button (reset) on the ft near it's status light.
Mounting on SRW-60G facing forward allows both the LED & Button access while maintaining a close proximity to the above cable passage into A3 electronic's well.

Attachments

• Intell-G Mounted p2.jpg
    Intell-G Mounted p2.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Intelli-G mounted bottom view.jpg
    Intelli-G mounted bottom view.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Intelli-G size comparison TB48S.jpg
    Intelli-G size comparison TB48S.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for all the images @dougcjohn, I will get some images of the AirCommander/Entire system posted asap. It is all packed up now for a trip.
Played with various mounting locations... wanted all tucked up but the Intelli-g tech indicated it's important to have the intelli-g close to the camera's wifi... but the rest can be tucked up in the lower well of the A3Pro section. The Ft wire port provides ample room to use their F-Port 9 wire cable & 3 Wire.

Did you get your intelli-G, was curious on the new Sony A series cable I saw on their web site... a micro USB from Sony port to side USB port on Intelligent-G. That may be for the additional RTK add-on too... wasn't sure.

I purchased the special CAM cable, but I don't think it's used when using the sBus convertor & F-Port wires.

All in all, it's a extremely small package to add... more time getting sBus convertor tucked than anything else.

I received it today but will not have a chance to set it up.

I did get the Sony Smart plug with a mini USB and 6 pronged rectangular plug.

Which cable is the CAM cable? Is it pic# 3 in post 49?

I received it today but will not have a chance to set it up.

I did get the Sony Smart plug with a mini USB and 6 pronged rectangular plug.

Which cable is the CAM cable? Is it pic# 3 in post 49?
Not sure on the pic number... mine show different pic numbers but it's the one in the photo of parts & cales, and it's X'ed out as not needed. Has the DJI cam connector, that was used for different ways to connect that they later stopped due to DJI SDK changes.

I'm curious on the Sony cable, sending them a note questioning it's benifit. It's USB between A7 and Intelli-G, but it looked like it was still F-Ports on the A3Pro. So I think it's taking the Sony Wireless out of the equation.

I can see it's benifit for GPS RTK mapping, the nano-second faster trigger response is needed for accuracy... but for other uses I question it's benifit over the wireless and the associated ease of setup. I think it was added when they added the capability of RTK data pts collection, and they may have found beneficial all around.

Were you guided to get the extra Sony cable or you spotted it and selected?

Not sure on the pic number... mine show different pic numbers but it's the one in the photo of parts & cales, and it's X'ed out as not needed. Has the DJI cam connector, that was used for different ways to connect that they later stopped due to DJI SDK changes.

I'm curious on the Sony cable, sending them a note questioning it's benifit. It's USB between A7 and Intelli-G, but it looked like it was still F-Ports on the A3Pro. So I think it's taking the Sony Wireless out of the equation.

I can see it's benifit for GPS RTK mapping, the nano-second faster trigger response is needed for accuracy... but for other uses I question it's benifit over the wireless and the associated ease of setup. I think it was added when they added the capability of RTK data pts collection, and they may have found beneficial all around.

Were you guided to get the extra Sony cable or you spotted it and selected?

I didn't get this one.

Intelli-G kit.jpg

I didn't get this one.

View attachment 26682

OK, so you didn't get the sBus PWM convertor it's attached to either then... correct.
That was a additional option to add.. that made working with the Exp Module, by interfacing the F-Ports on the A3Pro to functions.

So that means the Sony cable connects to the A3Pro and transfers the control commands & direct wire without Wireless.

Last edited:
OK, so the new Sony cable goes to both the Intelli-G USB & the Intelli-G Pin block. Red end Sony, Black Intelli-G. The ADC2 pin is on Intelli-G pin row.

Then you got the CAM cable that I didn’t use that goes to A3Pro (CAM) to Intelli-G. The Power cable unchanged.

That’s nice setup, the only cable passing up through belly portal is the small cam cable.

Nice setup for the Sony, but for my setup using both a GH4 and A7... it’ll require changing the sBus FPort block out for dedicated Sony cable.

Still pondering if I need the CAM cable, but his instruction guide indicates not needed.

Speaking of instructions, is there new M600 Intelli-G Sony instructions?

So in the app to configure Intelli-G... what type would be selected... sBus since that’s what A3 is sending?

OK, so the new Sony cable goes to both the Intelli-G USB & the Intelli-G Pin block. Red end Sony, Black Intelli-G. The ADC2 pin is on Intelli-G pin row.

Then you got the CAM cable that I didn’t use that goes to A3Pro (CAM) to Intelli-G. The Power cable unchanged.

That’s nice setup, the only cable passing up through belly portal is the small cam cable.

Nice setup for the Sony, but for my setup using both a GH4 and A7... it’ll require changing the sBus FPort block out for dedicated Sony cable.

Still pondering if I need the CAM cable, but his instruction guide indicates not needed.

So in the app to configure Intelli-G... what type would be selected... sBus since that’s what A3 is sending?

I have not seen a new video and do not know what type would be selected. I do know that Wyatt at Air Supply, About - Airsupplyaerial has good knowledge of these systems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter