Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RTH At RC Not Working Help!

Reaction score
Hi All,

Normally I set my RTH to point in which the I1 takes off from, however, because of a recent project and amount of distance I'm traveling with the I1, I want to set its RTH to me. Everytime I go to switch the settings it says that the RC's GPS signal is too weak to connect. However I have 16-20 satellites full GPS and full RC connection. My phone has GPS and locations enabled with 4G and full or near full bars. Not sure whats going on here, was wondering if anyone had any fixes for this?

~Thanks!

Hi All,

Normally I set my RTH to point in which the I1 takes off from, however, because of a recent project and amount of distance I'm traveling with the I1, I want to set its RTH to me. Everytime I go to switch the settings it says that the RC's GPS signal is too weak to connect. However I have 16-20 satellites full GPS and full RC connection. My phone has GPS and locations enabled with 4G and full or near full bars. Not sure whats going on here, was wondering if anyone had any fixes for this?

~Thanks!
Matt, Have answered your post on the other forum but if you have not seen it here it goes.

Have tested this and it works every time using iPad Mini4 with cellular (that has a GPS built in).
The fact that you have full bars on your phone does not indicate GPS strength but rather cell phone reception.
The satellite count in the app is also not a GPS indication for your RC, but rather how many satellites the aircraft itself sees.
Keep in mind that there have to be a 20+ meters separation between the RC and last home point when setting new, I was testing being airborne.

If you still have problems I suggest you try a different phone/tablet.

Matt, Have answered your post on the other forum but if you have not seen it here it goes.

Have tested this and it works every time using iPad Mini4 with cellular (that has a GPS built in).
The fact that you have full bars on your phone does not indicate GPS strength but rather cell phone reception.
The satellite count in the app is also not a GPS indication for your RC, but rather how many satellites the aircraft itself sees.
Keep in mind that there have to be a 20+ meters separation between the RC and last home point when setting new, I was testing being airborne.

If you still have problems I suggest you try a different phone/tablet.

Read and replied on the other forum haha, thanks for the help. As I said I'll give the separation a try and see if that works

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen