Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Second AV signal on Lightbridge

Reaction score
Website
www.hobbypiloot.nl
As an extra safety, i want a second camera on my I1 (one that faces forward, 15 degrees down). It would even be better if I could have a second I1 pan/tilt camera that automatically would face in the direction that i'm flying (be it upwards, downwards, sidewards, forwards or backwards), but i guess this will come with the I4 :).

The original stand-alone lightbridge box has two AV inputs. As far as i understand it, both signals are send to the ground station so they can be shown on separate displays. On the I1 we have a lightbridge with HDMI output and Pilot App/USB. output.
  1. Would it be possible to hook up a second (front facing) camera to the I1 and link it to a second AV input port on the lightbridge air-side? I.e. look at the front-facing camera in pilot app and look at 4K pan/tilt camera on HDMI screen?
  2. If that's not possible, could i mount a gopro and use its wifi to view it on my iphone on the ground, or would that be asking for interference problems (i know of the range restrictions of the go-pro wifi)
  3. Alternatively, I still have a Boscam 5.8 Ghz 600 mw. FPV kit lying around. The I1 itself sends out on 5.8 Ghz and receives on 2.4 Ghz. Would the Boscam 5.8 Ghz. TX signal mess up the I1 signal reception?
Has anyone tried this before?

As an extra safety, i want a second camera on my I1 (one that faces forward, 15 degrees down). It would even be better if I could have a second I1 pan/tilt camera that automatically would face in the direction that i'm flying (be it upwards, downwards, sidewards, forwards or backwards), but i guess this will come with the I4 :).

The original stand-alone lightbridge box has two AV inputs. As far as i understand it, both signals are send to the ground station so they can be shown on separate displays. On the I1 we have a lightbridge with HDMI output and Pilot App/USB. output.
  1. Would it be possible to hook up a second (front facing) camera to the I1 and link it to a second AV input port on the lightbridge air-side? I.e. look at the front-facing camera in pilot app and look at 4K pan/tilt camera on HDMI screen?
  2. If that's not possible, could i mount a gopro and use its wifi to view it on my iphone on the ground, or would that be asking for interference problems (i know of the range restrictions of the go-pro wifi)
  3. Alternatively, I still have a Boscam 5.8 Ghz 600 mw. FPV kit lying around. The I1 itself sends out on 5.8 Ghz and receives on 2.4 Ghz. Would the Boscam 5.8 Ghz. TX signal mess up the I1 signal reception?
Has anyone tried this before?
I don't know whether there is a spare video channel on the I1 LightBridge link (2.4GHz). Using a GoPro on your I1 using wifi (2.4GHz) could have an adverse effect on you I1 C2 and LightBridge up/downlink. Finally, the I1 only uses 5.8GHz to communicate between the master and slave controllers (@ 25mW). The Boscam might interfere with the gimbal commands.

I am pretty sure that while there are 2 video paths on the standalone Lightbridge system, they are mutually exclusive. I would download the manual and quickstart guide before I spent any money.

If you find a way to run 2 channels on the Inspire Lightbridge, we need to give you a medal or something, that would be fantastic!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan