Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Second camera for pilot

I like the idea for an FPV cam for the pilot. But all of the implamentations I have seen are using a 5.8 system and operator monitor without the pilot app and all of the flight data information provided by it. I would love to hack Lightbridge on the AC to take another video feed?

If I could suggest something...there is potentially a CANBus connector already in the Inspire's nose. FlightTrex uses a harness utilizing this CANBus port for their Inspire FlightTrex unit. If someone would manufacture a similar harness to the FlightTrex but it plug into an OSD / telemetry unit would that not give the FPV display / google the flight info we want?

If I could suggest something...there is potentially a CANBus connector already in the Inspire's nose. FlightTrex uses a harness utilizing this CANBus port for their Inspire FlightTrex unit. If someone would manufacture a similar harness to the FlightTrex but it plug into an OSD / telemetry unit would that not give the FPV display / google the flight info we want?

Could be possible since the a2 fc uses iosd telemetry (which uses CANBUS) I couldn't imagine that it would be too difficult to make a cable for a setup like that or output to any osd possibly. BUT! this is DJI and it may very well not be possible at all.

Thought I would update this thread rather than making my own, I've started the primitive beginnings of a fpv cam setup for my inspire. I bought a 3d mount and fatshark camera from readymaderc as I already had a 5.8ghz imrc vtx and some ibcrazy bbu's and figured for now I'll make use of these before most likely moving to a 1.3ghz setup. It's powered by a separate 2s 1000mah lipo on the back id plate. The bbu's will be placed with a omni antenna to make it easier for the camera to do 360 but for now I'm not worried about it.

I'm most likely not going to add osd until there becomes an easier way to tap into the DJI setup from the inspire so for the time being I bought 4 batteries to go with the 4 I have for my i1 and just swap until I can get an osd figured out. I've only tested it in my house so far and it worked great and I'm currently in the process of getting all the batts charged so I can go test it at the field later today.

The only downside is I have to haul a tripod, 2nd monitor, and some more lipos around...which kinda sucks but as I stated earlier, this is primitive for right now and will progress

Attachments

• _DSC0014.JPG
    _DSC0014.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 121
  • _DSC0015.JPG
    _DSC0015.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 110
  • _DSC0016.JPG
    _DSC0016.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 111
  • _DSC0017.JPG
    _DSC0017.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 109
Reactions: MN Flyer
I like that mount, got to find me one like that.

Glad I always velcro'd my Fatshark Tx and 600TVL camera to my Phantoms. So another couple strips of velcro on the Inspire were enough to transfer the set. Powered with small 2s 7.4 battery.
Extremely simple and set up in a minute, when needed. I prefer to attach it only when I work with a cameraman.
It works pretty good although there's some interference on the 5.8 Tx channel I'm normally using on the Phantoms. Different channel next time should solve that.

I like that mount, got to find me one like that.

Glad I always velcro'd my Fatshark Tx and 600TVL camera to my Phantoms. So another couple strips of velcro on the Inspire were enough to transfer the set. Powered with small 2s 7.4 battery.
Extremely simple and set up in a minute, when needed. I prefer to attach it only when I work with a cameraman.
It works pretty good although there's some interference on the 5.8 Tx channel I'm normally using on the Phantoms. Different channel next time should solve that.

You can get the mount here, it's perfect because, while the dslr pros setup is clean looking and integrated, this setup won't void your warranty and it's fairly cheap to aquire. , the dslrpros camera is fixed, so when you are doing fast forward flight, you're gonna be looking at the ground, this allows you to tilt it so you can still move around fairly quickly and still see in front of you. I ended up chattin with a guy so I lost track of my testing but for the most part everything worked great. using velcro is a better idea, it needs to be removable so you can pack it up in whatever case you're using.

Reactions: lake_flyer
Great design :) Should print one too when i get my hands on a new video tx

my second camera pilot for dji inspire 1

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    580.6 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg