Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Selling water damaged DJI Inspire 1.

Reaction score
I'm selling my Inspire 1 due to water damage. I had to land the Inspire 1 quickly but landed to close to the water edge and it was lapped by a wave which damaged all electrical and electronic components including the camera and gimbal. The unit was sent in for repair but the cost was too expensive. The entire airframe was completely covered by a vinyl wrap so structurally the airframe in untouched. I have since purchased a new unit but I am looking to recover some of the costs.

I've posted an eBay sale but willing to sell outside of eBay.
DJI Inspire 1 (Damaged / Parts Only)
12287591_446682112183381_1730229930_o.jpg
12271293_446682105516715_504843325_o.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 23.56.51.png

The Drone Doctor suggested no less than £400 if sold as the entire thing including the case. I asked if I should break it apart but they said most prospective buyers would prefer an undamaged frame like mine if they are looking to repair a unit after a crash. I've specified £400 as a BIN price on eBay but I'm open to reasonable offers.

If I don't sell it within 10-days I will contact you and ask if you want the white outer casing.

I'm selling my Inspire 1 due to water damage. I had to land the Inspire 1 quickly but landed to close to the water edge and it was lapped by a wave which damaged all electrical and electronic components including the camera and gimbal. The unit was sent in for repair but the cost was too expensive. The entire airframe was completely covered by a vinyl wrap so structurally the airframe in untouched. I have since purchased a new unit but I am looking to recover some of the costs.

I've posted an eBay sale but willing to sell outside of eBay.
DJI Inspire 1 (Damaged / Parts Only)
View attachment 4620
View attachment 4621
View attachment 4622
Hi Chris, if you happen to piece the unit I am in need of the (look down on bird) front longer tube from 3-way coupler to landing gear/motor mount. My research says for the LA repair is $322. If you do piecemeal I'm good for the longer tube. You can email me at: [email protected]
Thanks for your consideration. Richard

Hi Chris, if you happen to piece the unit I am in need of the (look down on bird) front longer tube from 3-way coupler to landing gear/motor mount. My research says for the LA repair is $322. If you do piecemeal I'm good for the longer tube. You can email me at: [email protected]
Thanks for your consideration. Richard

I will bear you in mind. Si.

Wow, I can't imagine what that must have been like for you . . . glad you made it!

I will never forget it. Especially the diversion from DCA and emergency landing into IAD and seeing the gaping smoking hole in the Pentagon as I drove into DC on I395.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207