Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Setting Home Point Warning

One more thought...When you updated the firmware in your aircraft, did you update the firmware in your controller as well?

I dont believe so.... Thanks for being spot on in helping with this... Truthfully I'm not sure how to update the controller

I dont believe so.... Thanks for being spot on in helping with this... Truthfully I'm not sure how to update the controller
Yes that would be your issue. Follow the link from RIG.

I'm surprised you haven't seen a warning in the app? What version of the app are you running?

Reactions: Soflms
Yes that would be your issue. Follow the link from RIG.

I'm surprised you haven't seen a warning in the app? What version of the app are you running?

1.0.6 you guys rock. I'm thinking about maybe a different tablet. Does anyone else experience massive bbattery drain in the pilot app?

I'll update the controller tonight, and nope haven't seen any sort of warning

I have no idea Soflms.I've checked your problem Yesterday and all came out as Carli1818 and me told you.Everything went ok.No RTH when the Inspire was off and as soon I started the Inspire and let the motors warm up all setting were fine.

If you start you're flight you can tab the app at the top (safe to fly) and then you can see if if everything is updated.

So it doesn't say 0.0ft for anyone else?
Just came back after I checked everything again and when the Inspire is off the app shows 0.0 mtr.As soon the Inspire is on ,the app shows I'm connected and RTH shows 85 mtr.
Hope that your remote update will help if you haven't done this yet.

Last edited:
Just came back after I checked everything again and when the Inspire is off the app shows 0.0 mtr.As soon the Inspire is on ,the app shows I'm connected and RTH shows 85 mtr.
Hope that your remote update will help if you haven't done this yet.

It will only show a value of a custom value is used. If the stock value is used it will display 0. Just like the custom rth tab in the app.

If you want set it to 25m. Then check the rth status screen again.

I upgraded the controller by plugging in the camera with micro usb card attached, and went through the upgrade process (the beeping and the blue led, until the led turned solid green and stopped beeping), and it still displays 0.0m however my actual RTH button will show my set failsafe altitude. I dont understand why i'm having an isolated issue. I sat on hold yesterday with DJI for 35 mins just to be kicked due to "high call volume". I was caller 9 the entire time.

Here's a pic after it sat WITH motors running for at least 5 minutes, with the RTH altitude set to 30. I have no idea what im missing. :
Screenshots_2015-02-17-10-54-26.png
Screenshots_2015-02-17-10-55-17.png

However if I click the return to home button it properly shows my RTH altitude set to 30.

I'm waiting for dji to open so I can call again

Last edited:
If dji hired more then one person to answer the phone I might be able to get us an answer on this I've been trying all day

Iocini what tablet are you using?

I'm using an iPad mini 2 matey. I wasn't concerend about it that much as I know I have it set to 35m, double and triple checked then once again for good measure under settings tab... just thought it may have been a glitch/typo in the little pop up box. Now that I'm seeing we are totally unique it's a different story...

I also have the issue that when I attempt to set home point manually it doesn't accept it, as soon as I take off and hover about a meter off the ground it says home point set.

I also had a bit of a scare with a battery today so I'm not having a good time right now. I'm ment to be filming a local distillery on Thursday so am a bit concerned with these things hanging over me.

I believe others have stated that you can't set a home point until the motors are running. Also, it's a little better knowing that I'm not the only one have an issue. I'm starting to get frustrated with dji 's lack of support. I've tried all 3 forms of help. Live support, phone, and email. Haven't been able to get ahold of anyone and haven't heard back on my emails for over a week now. At $2,800-3,500$ (not to mention the price of the ronin and other products) each you'd think they'd have enough money to hire more support. Any time I've actually got through to someone on the phone it's been the same guy, Mark that's answered. What's that tell you?
The dealer I bought mine from in west Palm Beach warned me customer service was terrible, now I'm starting to see it myself

Last edited:
I don't see the message on the first photo Soflms,but the message is only telling you that your current homepoint is there and you have to set a minimum altitude(0.0).Since you have set your altitude at 30m,I think your ok.It's just a message what you see.
Maybe you can test fly at 25 mt altitude and hit the RTH button and see what happens.It should go up to 30 mtr and will come home.Keep in visual contact so you can manage the altitude when it's coming down.You can control this all the way.Hit RTH once again(3sec) and you have all your controls back.
I think you're ok

Last edited:
I don't see the message on the first photo Soflms,but the message is only telling you that your current homepopint is there and you have to set a minimum altitude(0.0).Since you have set your altitude at 30m,I think your ok.It's just a message what you see.
Maybe you can test fly at 25 mt altitude and hit the RTH button and see what happens.It should go up to 30 mtr and will come home.Keep in visual contact so you can manage the altitude when it's coming down.You can control this all the way.Hit RTH once again(3sec) and you have all your controls back.
I think you're ok

Dealing with some South Florida winds today, I'll try it out as soon as it calms a little. (don't have my prop locks yet )

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa