Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Setting left and right on c1 c2

Reaction score
Hi, So I have picked up the Inspire 2 and I've had a play through the menu and a couple of things are hard to work out compared to my M600 and Inspire 1.

So I can’t work out how to set c1,2 to change camera gimble from up and down , left and right ?

I also cant work out settings to pick like the frames per second in the video settings , I am not using any ssd just the microsd card as 4k at 60 fps is enough for my work.

Any other tips or trick I should know ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need to change the C1-C2 to control the gimbal movement. The RC left wheel will adjust the camera pitch (up/down), if you press & hold C1 (left button) while you use the left wheel then it will adjust the camera yaw (left/right). C2 + Left wheel will adjust the FPV cam pitch.

If the Gimbal won't turn l/r using C1+Left Wheel, then change the gimbal mode from Follow to Free mode. In follow mode the gimbal yaw is slaved to the aircraft's yaw (i.e. it turns with the aircraft), in free mode it 'hangs free' and stays looking the same way regardless of the aircraft's movements. To reset the gimbal to face forward, use the on-screen Gimbal Control Icons in DJI Go 4 to reset it. I usually program the C1 button to toggle the gimbal mode and c2 to reset gimbal to forward, but you might want to do something different ;)

To set the video size & frame rate, you need to use the camera settings icons - toggle the camera into video mode using DJI Go4 (icon above shutter button on RHS of screen), then use the icon beneath the shutter button to select the video settings. IIRC it's the first submenu in the list. You'll then get a set of options for the two video streams - SSD and microSD. Pick your aspect ration, frame size and frame rate from the drop down lists. If you don't see a particular size/rate, then check you've go the right aspect ration selected - 17:9/16:9/4:3 etc.

HTH

Other things to watch for... don't play with the setting for "Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode" - just leave it set at between 0 and 40. Despite it's name, it affects the behaviour of the aircraft Yaw in the default gimbal mode(Follow Mode) - if it's set too high, then the I2 will behave like it's drunk when you try to turn it, if it's set near to 100 then the I2 will refuse to turn at all unless it's set to Gimbal Free Mode or ATTI mode :eek:

kewl , thanks bud.

had my first flight yesterday , seems good and i was trying some video modes. having a bit of an issue getting the gimbal to pan down nice and slow its like there is a point it just comes on fast and i cant get that just creeping on like the X5.

how do you turn that fpv cam off ?

kewl , thanks bud.

had my first flight yesterday , seems good and i was trying some video modes. having a bit of an issue getting the gimbal to pan down nice and slow its like there is a point it just comes on fast and i cant get that just creeping on like the X5.

how do you turn that fpv cam off ?

gimbal settings - advanced - gimbal start/stop buffer, I have mine set to 24 to give you smooth tilts

Don't think you can get rid of FPV but if you can I would like to know as well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac