Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Setting Waypoints While Flying

Reaction score
Hi all,I have just started flying my new Inspire 2 after a few self build quads so I could understand the technology at the core. I have enjoyed flying it around some the parts of Melbourne where we are allowed to fly.

Is there any way to take a waypoint at any time so that you can bring the Inspire 2 back to that exact location ? I am wanting a series of photos of a subject over a long period to see change and want to bring it back to exactly the same spot and height. I can get height through the OSD but lat/long is the problem.

Thanks
Andrew

Not aware of a way using DJI Go. You'll need to look at using either Litchi or Autoflight Logic's Autopilot app for that sort of thing.
Use FPV Camera app. Much better than Litchi and AP.
Easier learning curve too!
Tired of the obsession people have with Litchi and AP!
There are other equally as good if not better apps out there yet only Litchi and AP get discussed!
Sad!

Too bad someone hasn't written a tool that would take a log file csv and convert it into a waypoint file that you could import into Litchi, GroundStation or something else.
Fly a mission manually, fine tune it and repeat. I'd buy that for a dollar.

My vote is for Autoflight Autopilot, it really is a great tool once u take the time to learn it properly, its not simple. One of the really great features is you can plan a whole series of flights ahead of time, off line. Check, double check, simulate the flight and camera control. When u fly the mission u just focus on safety, watching every twist & turn & if the mission goes pear shaped, simply switch back to P or Atti mode & fly home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondZogue