Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Short Lightning Cable Recommendation?

Reaction score
Website
www.action4image.com ; http
I have read where using a short cable to connect an IOS device to the transmitter can reduce lag. I was looking to use a shorter cable anyway just because it looks better. So does anyone have a recommendation for a good short lightning-usb cable for IOS to transmitter that works well? Thanks in advance!!

Reaction score
Website
Thanks for the recommendations, I have ordered all of these. I can't help but think that even apple's cable was not designed to be used as a high bandwidth conduit the way DJI is using it, so cables may vary in their bandwidth capacity. Anyway, I plan to test these to see if I can see any differences in lag.

Reaction score
I also bought the same ones as Mike_K.....
They work great... I bought 2, just in case I need a back-up..... And they look really good on the controller..

Attachments

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations, I have ordered all of these. I can't help but think that even apple's cable was not designed to be used as a high bandwidth conduit the way DJI is using it, so cables may vary in their bandwidth capacity. Anyway, I plan to test these to see if I can see any differences in lag.
Please keep us up to date on what you find. It would be good to know if there is any significant difference. Thanks.

Reaction score
i can't for the life of my imagine why this would make any difference to latency. we're talking about the speed of electrons down a cable - which is the speed of light is it not?

It sounds to me like a red herring - much like the "make sure your speaker cables are the same lengths" argument.

Reactions: PB30X and Kilrah
Reaction score
Website
i can't for the life of my imagine why this would make any difference to latency. we're talking about the speed of electrons down a cable - which is the speed of light is it not?

It sounds to me like a red herring - much like the "make sure your speaker cables are the same lengths" argument.
It has to do with distributed capacitance, mutual inductance, and the physical properties of the wires. Nonetheless, I will be surprised if I can tell any difference.

Reaction score
those things affect signal loss in a cable, not speed. the only reason latency could be introduced would be because of additional error correction due to lost bits - which might come from a bad cable.

but 'eletrical signals' travel over 100,000 miles in 1 second, so i really don't think anyone should buy a shorter cable to expect shorter latency.

Reaction score
As long as the cable is made to Apple specs, the type or length makes not difference whatsoever. Personally I just use Apple original cables. Available in .5m, 1m and 2m lengths. I have found them to be quite rugged.

Reaction score
Website
www.ethreemedia.com
Reaction score
To throw another option in the mix, I can personally recommend the Anker 1ft Lightning Cable, which I've used since June. Not as cool as the braided one above, but saves a few bucks over the others listed here.
I use the same and have 6 of them, 3 for each of my machines, 2 black and 1 white for each machine, i use the white for 2nd controller so don't really need spare, and being a different colour makes it easy to see which is master as well... ;)

The Editor

Staff member
Reaction score
The same way there is absolutely no difference in HDMI cables of equal rating and their claims that a more expensive one or one made with rare green marbles from the planet Krypton will give you a far superior picture, there will be no difference in latency but it scores on convenience and convenience.
If an HDMI cable is certified to a particular spec it doesn't matter whether it costs 50c or $500..... The results will be identical. The rest is snake oil.

Reactions: DCGOO

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squareben