Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Short Lightning Cable Recommendation?

Reaction score
Website
www.action4image.com ; http
I have read where using a short cable to connect an IOS device to the transmitter can reduce lag. I was looking to use a shorter cable anyway just because it looks better. So does anyone have a recommendation for a good short lightning-usb cable for IOS to transmitter that works well? Thanks in advance!!

I'm using two of these. I've only flown with them once, but I didn't have any issues.
61EgK0VsQZL._SX522_.jpg

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P66F2YM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the recommendations, I have ordered all of these. I can't help but think that even apple's cable was not designed to be used as a high bandwidth conduit the way DJI is using it, so cables may vary in their bandwidth capacity. Anyway, I plan to test these to see if I can see any differences in lag.

I also bought the same ones as Mike_K.....
They work great... I bought 2, just in case I need a back-up..... And they look really good on the controller..

Attachments

• IMG_4537.JPG
    IMG_4537.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 89
Thanks for the recommendations, I have ordered all of these. I can't help but think that even apple's cable was not designed to be used as a high bandwidth conduit the way DJI is using it, so cables may vary in their bandwidth capacity. Anyway, I plan to test these to see if I can see any differences in lag.
Please keep us up to date on what you find. It would be good to know if there is any significant difference. Thanks.

i can't for the life of my imagine why this would make any difference to latency. we're talking about the speed of electrons down a cable - which is the speed of light is it not?

It sounds to me like a red herring - much like the "make sure your speaker cables are the same lengths" argument.

Reactions: PB30X and Kilrah
i can't for the life of my imagine why this would make any difference to latency. we're talking about the speed of electrons down a cable - which is the speed of light is it not?

It sounds to me like a red herring - much like the "make sure your speaker cables are the same lengths" argument.

It has to do with distributed capacitance, mutual inductance, and the physical properties of the wires. Nonetheless, I will be surprised if I can tell any difference.

those things affect signal loss in a cable, not speed. the only reason latency could be introduced would be because of additional error correction due to lost bits - which might come from a bad cable.

but 'eletrical signals' travel over 100,000 miles in 1 second, so i really don't think anyone should buy a shorter cable to expect shorter latency.

As long as the cable is made to Apple specs, the type or length makes not difference whatsoever. Personally I just use Apple original cables. Available in .5m, 1m and 2m lengths. I have found them to be quite rugged.

To throw another option in the mix, I can personally recommend the Anker 1ft Lightning Cable, which I've used since June. Not as cool as the braided one above, but saves a few bucks over the others listed here.

I use the same and have 6 of them, 3 for each of my machines, 2 black and 1 white for each machine, i use the white for 2nd controller so don't really need spare, and being a different colour makes it easy to see which is master as well... ;)

The same way there is absolutely no difference in HDMI cables of equal rating and their claims that a more expensive one or one made with rare green marbles from the planet Krypton will give you a far superior picture, there will be no difference in latency but it scores on convenience and convenience.
If an HDMI cable is certified to a particular spec it doesn't matter whether it costs 50c or $500..... The results will be identical. The rest is snake oil.

Reactions: DCGOO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips