Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Should location/gps also be disabled on device?

Reaction score
I notice the recommendation that travel mode be turned on so that there's no wifi or cell interference from the device. Should we also turn off the device gps/location? Does the ios or android device gps interfere with the Inspire or rc gps, or is it ok to have it on also? I can't experiment because of nasty weather here.

Enjoy life and be nice

No need. A GPS is only a passive receiver, it won't create interference.

No need. A GPS is only a passive receiver, it won't create interference.
Any confusion with software trying to use the device gps instead of Inspire's while mapping travel during flight using google maps, which could cause software crash?

Enjoy life and be nice

Nope, GPS data is accessible by any number of apps simultaneously through a system API. Exclusive access has fortunately disappeared years ago.

Nope, GPS data is accessible by any number of apps simultaneously through a system API. Exclusive access has fortunately disappeared years ago.
I'm too old and dumb to understand API exclusiveness. Anyways, the recent rash of problems has caused much unneccessary trial and error testing which should have been done by DJI during beta testing. We shouldn't have to play around with experimental settings while keeping our fingers crossed hoping we don't crash or have a fly away.

Enjoy life and be nice

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide