Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Should return to home (location) return to that location?

Yt2

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and new to flying and I have a problem. Gee sounds like AA.

When I press return to home, only once out of 3 times has it returned to the spot it took off from. When I started flying I have a full bar gps lock, I set the location to where the quad is taking off from (not the remote location) and away I go.

So my question is, should it return exactly to the start location or can it be out up to 10 meters? I live in remote Australia and was flying on a golf course near no buildings. Firmware is the latest 1.2.0.17.

It will return to its take off location or you change the setting on your ipad to return to your rc.

GPS absolute precision is variable depending on environmental conditions, 10m is within tolerances.

You do not need to set home point manually, it is set automatically when you start the motors. You just want to check the map to see it has properly been recorded.

Went out again tonight and found the following.
Set flight height and advanced fail safe to 25 metres. Went to set home point to quads location and was confronted with the following. Blar blar, When required It will return to this point at a minimum altitude of 0.00m of as set according to your fail safe settings.
As I set this to 25m, is this a bug or am I missing something? I then set the home setting to the remote and it came home spot on.
Is it me or what?

Attachments

• 14259456991560.jpg
    14259456991560.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 14259453278482.jpg
    14259453278482.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Went out again tonight and found the following.
Set flight height and advanced fail safe to 25 metres. Went to set home point to quads location and was confronted with the following. Blar blar, When required It will return to this point at a minimum altitude of 0.00m of as set according to your fail safe settings.
As I set this to 25m, is this a bug or am I missing something? I then set the home setting to the remote and it came home spot on.
Is it me or what?

Sounds like a bug I believe

I would do two things. On restart the App and see if it persist. If so, I would remove the App and then do a clean install.

Ya I'm with Ed on this. You should try a fresh install. I would also go one further and say, as nice as RTH is, I recommend people learn to land on their own and try to do that most of the time. RTH is a nice feature but I would use it more in case of emergencies as there is potential for things to go wrong. This is the analogy I aways use, when you are skydiving you do not always use or test your emergency chute right? You just have it there for backup and HOPE it will work like it should. Even that is not a definite and it is there to save your life. Why rely on a system that can be faulty when you can do it better anyway?

Reactions: douglas.brownlie
I wiped out the program and it is behaving now. Manually landing it is easy and softer. I just needed a panic button when I first started. Does anyone know how accurate the gps is supposed to be. In this day and age it should be within a couple of metres.
Thanks guys...

I wiped out the program and it is behaving now. Manually landing it is easy and softer. I just needed a panic button when I first started. Does anyone know how accurate the gps is supposed to be. In this day and age it should be within a couple of metres.
Thanks guys...

GPS accuracy is the same as it has been for years. GPS specs are for an accuracy of 7.8 meters in space. This accuracy can be degraded by atmospheric conditions, so the accuracy you see with you Inspire may not be that good. However, the FAA says that its high end systems are capable of accuracy in the range of 3.5 meters, normally. Unfortunately, GPS accuracy is affected by influences outside of our control. Upgrades to the GPS system should give more reliable and better accuracy in the near future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips