Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Simple Bench Test for Inspire 1 ESC/Motor Assemblies?

My esc's were burnt in the same locations after water damage!
So, your motors were good but the esc's were bad? Also what was the name of the instrument you used to test impedance on Amazon? I have some v2.0 motors that i want to transfer to new esc boards but want to test them first like you did.

Tq2Jetman,
Many thanks and I actually agree with most of your points. I did find a place in England that sold just the ESC but they are out of stock so a bit like a hip pocket in a singlet. If you dig deep into the DJI system the ESC's are listed as replaceable parts in their inventory. A whopping $14 each. The Pommie lads wanted 37 quid each. Geezus thats squeezing the lemon a bit much.

X5 repairs. Well I must have been one lucky bugger. We totaled the Inspire 1 V1 and bust up the gimbal really bad. I sent it back in and they rebuilt it for $350. I was freaking ecstatic about that. When I purchased the V2 submarine for a really good price it came with an X5R that I thought would be Ok for parts. I fired it up after drying it out in rice for a week and it worked. Gimbal arm was knackered but geez $450 later I have a fully reconned X5R hanging off the belly. The SSD cards hurt like kick in the nuts to buy though.

Because I believe nothing is junk until proven otherwise I used the motor ESC packages from the tree-d V1 in the V2 frame and now have that close to working. The swim seems to have dicked the battery master board that sits just in front of where the battery slots in. I got a brand new one from Hong Kong for $60 and I think we will have ignition and take off this weekend.

Sure I have now backward engineered it into a V1 but if its performs OK then I will shout it a new set of motors and ESC's from the V2 and Bob should be my Uncle again.

However Im not giving up on finding out how to test those bloody ESC's. I have a motor test bench and that side of it is a POP. The ESC should be easily controlled by feeding it with a PWM signal from a simple servo tester. I mean the retract motor works on a 5V battery and servo tester so they are easy as to test. The ESC surely uses PWM but their are two extra wires to that 5 pin plug. That feeds back to the flight controller so it must be an inbuilt health checker. Thats where the ESC warnings, no propellor warning etc etc comes from. If I can find a way to trick that into thinking its OK then I can test these bloody things.

Gidday mate from Chile. A long way from WA....
Could you please detail how to test the retract motor? I’m not having much luck searching on what each of the wires do, and I have an inspire 2 here minus the brain that I’m using as a base for a drone....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips