Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

So what is your Inspire 2 Maintenance program?

Reaction score
As a newbie to the Inspire 2 world, i was wondering what I2 pilots do as a typical maintenance routine.
Is there maintenance routine you follow after you finished a session?
Do you plan on chaining rotors at a certain flight time has reached?
What about motors, is there flight time interval you think its time to swap them out?
Or do you just follow the maintenance book to a tee?

Reactions: Lucky
See this post.

yup i get that, but what asking if some had their own little routine.
for example the Audi manual says life time transfluid, i say bs and change it every 50k as many other enthusiast do

yes on a daily basis, but motors and propellers are definitely a spot to keep an eye on for debris and age. I hear the bearings start to fail at 75 hours of flight , the infamous wobble of the red dotted propellers. The nice thing about this unit, all consumables are replaceable.

As a newbie to the Inspire 2 world, i was wondering what I2 pilots do as a typical maintenance routine.
Is there maintenance routine you follow after you finished a session?
Do you plan on chaining rotors at a certain flight time has reached?
What about motors, is there flight time interval you think its time to swap them out?
Or do you just follow the maintenance book to a tee?
I think that following the DJI Maintenance Manual recommendations is pretty good. I would personally advise against using any grease on the worm screw transformation actuator. I use HHS drylube spray by Würt. As the name suggests it dries into wax like substance and does not attract dust and it also resists centrifugal force. It lasts for a long time and it can be used from -30C to +100C. Other than that just pay attention to frame structure, all CF tube joints and links with C-clips, motors for smooth spinning and props for chips and cracks and any structural damage. Always listen to any unusual sounds upon spool up and take-off and of course in flight.

Last edited:
So let me ask, do you spray the worm screw during transformation? when the landing gear is up\down?
As per the Maintenance Manual I use flat screw driver and turn the worm screw trough the hole in the bottom of I2 to transform the landing gear into full up position to expose the entire length of the worm screw. I closely inspect it and clean with an old baby tooth brush and WD40 which I only spray sparingly on the tooth brush not the worm screw! Then I wrap around it a strip of soft cotton cloth and wipe it clean. Then I spray it sparingly with the Würt drylube from both sides. Wait a few seconds to let it dry a bit and then use the screw driver to perform full transformation from one end to another a few times. Then I insert batteries, disable the landing gear auto lock and perform a few transformations with batteries. Lastly with a cotton but I wipe excess dry lube from the ball bearing of the actuator if there is any excess. Job done.
Do not forget to enable the auto lock again at the end!!

Last edited:
Im having trouble with landing gear servo. I operate in a very cold climate and I think this has something to do with it.

Im having trouble with landing gear servo. I operate in a very cold climate and I think this has something to do with it.
Flying any drone in sub-zero temps (C) is not good idea for many reasons. However, Inspire's screw mechanism should work smoothly in -10C, assuming that the screw itself is perfectly straight. Hard landing can bend the screw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk