Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stange new mobile device error message

Was the error associated with any frame glitches?

I do not know yet as I am not in a place to process RAW. It was weird, I was flying several batteries and noticed my iPad battery was low and turned on charging and the next flight showed the error. Then turned charging off and received the error again. We are above 90° in temperature.

The weather was poor yesterday.

Flew for the first time today after both firmware and Go 4 updates.

I did not receive any CPU overflow errors.

I did however experience 1 glitched frame. Of interest is that it occurred in the very same flying location where glitches were previously noted. This is approximately 50 feet from my backyard (over the marsh), as the I2 was returning from the flight.

I'm wondering if suddenly entering into the vicinity of my wifi network is causing the glitch. Again, characteristically, it is a single frame only, but it seems to indicate a recurrent pattern. Not a big challenge and much improved overall.

I had the same problem too.
I change the "Maximum Video Cache Capacity from 16GB to 2GB and Clear Video Cache.
So far so good. Need to test again later.
Try do the same and see what happened.

P.S: I'm using iPad Mini 3 128GB. Still have a lot or storage.

Thanks for sharing!

Attachments

• IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    633.1 KB · Views: 10
I am now part of the club. I am running a mini 2 and the dji forums are filled with users saying you need to be running at least iPad 4, but reading through this it seems that that might not be the issue. Sucks cause I really don't want to shell out the cash for a new iPad just to find out that it is a temporary glitch. Also, many of the posts there claim that it eventually leads to the go app crashing. Yikes!

We have the same issue along with truly terrible video drop outs - like no live feed at all for several minutes. We can't work. We're using an iPad mini 3. We dowloaded a cpu usage app and found that with the Go app closed it idled at around 50% usage. With the app open it shot to 100%. This would be consistent with the live feed issues. iPad 4 processor is claimed 30% faster. Does DJI say that upgrading to it will solve the issues?

DJI PLEASE COMMENT/DIRECT US.

UPDATE :

Plugged in an iPhone 7 which has a series A10 cpu as opposed to A7 and found cpu usage not exceeding 42% at idle with app open. Again, suggests cpu is the issue. Now we'll fly with using the iPhone and see if we solve the issue. If so, we could look at an iPad Mini 4 - but it has an A8 cpu so can't know if it will cope any better than the Mini 3..

FLIGHT UPDATE :

iPhone 7 - no dropouts; no freezes with fast 360 degree pans. Glitchless live feed. With iPad mini 3, constant dropouts, 'refreshes', freezes on pans. It would appear, fairly conclusively, to be a cpu issue. All devices are on latest iOS, updates etc..

This issue has been problematic for me since June 19th. The most significant challenges beyond the error message are centered around erratic glitches in the actual video recording and the temporary lack of a video signal on the display. This was noted initially just after the Crystalsky monitors were released. It occurred first with the update of the Go 4 app. I was hoping the subsequent firmware update would help, but it did not. Apparently it was not addressed, but was noted by the moderators of the DJI-operated forum.

The finding was sporadic at first and then later noted across the internet and involves the DJI line from the Mavic through Inspire 2. I initially thought it was coincidental but now believe that since it apparently does not occur according to multiple CrystalSky users, this is no coincidence. I believe the app was altered to better support the CrystalSky monitor, and as a result, iPads and iPhones with the exception of the new iPad Pro, seem to manifest the problem.

While I have a CrytalSky on order, I am not pleased, as my Inspire 2 never did this prior to the latest Go 4 update. With full realization that DJI must be overwhelmed, I am not suggesting something sinister. However, we deserve a better suggestion than placing our tablets and phones on ice.

Perhaps if we keep acknowledging the problem, DJI's prioritization of the fix will escalate.

Thanks for the info' Barry. This all makes perfect sense. I think it's appalling that DJI have not made a clear explanation of what's happening and why to its patrons. Or suggested any kind of workaround. I'll bet the cpu in CrystalSky is more powerful than that in the iPad minis. I wouldn't hold breath for a firmware fix because the problem is that the DJI hardware requirements have developed beyond the capabilities of these processors. The actual problem seems to be the auto scanning function in 'HD' in the app', where the device is constantly scanning the best level for the video signal; or if it isn't the 'actual' problem, it's at least a process which tips processor power over the edge. A bodge fix is to set this to a manual setting, like 20. Worked for us today. Yes, iPad Pro works owing to its faster cpu and has a whole load of other uses. And the screen is, apparently, very good in daylight; unlike my iPad mini. CrystalSky is a closed shop and will be of no use for anything else, as I understand it? But, it's a more manageable size. Not sure I fancy wielding a 10.5" screen around. I'm thinking about which to go for. There's also the concern over the reliability of any new DJI kit..

Reactions: BarryBittman
Open app; go top right and open 'HD'. See 'auto' and 'manual' boxes. I'm not with the kit so am doing this from memory - it may not be called manual.. Anyhow, click on manual and a range of settings appears. Try the last one - 20.

Reactions: BarryBittman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide