Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Still Confused

Reaction score
I am still a bit confused.

I want to fly my drone for farmers and realtors.

I went on the FFA site and found that I can get a commercial license for my business to fly a drone. If I buy this license do I still need a 333 exemption?

If I have a private single engine pilots license will I still have to get a Remote Pilot Airman Certificate?

Is the test's the same I took for my Pilots License?

Thanks everyone

Hi Gary,

For starters, you do not buy the license. You will need to take an exam and then apply for the certification through the IACRA system.

If you already have your private pilot license then the process is much easier. You will just need to take the Part 61 exam (which is online) and then have a CFI sign off. After that you will get your temp certificate.

If you do not have your PPL then you will need to take the Part 107 exam, which is conducted at testing centers.

It is my understanding that the 333 exemption is no longer available to apply for, so the above steps are what is needed to operate a drone commercially.

Hi Gary,

For starters, you do not buy the license. You will need to take an exam and then apply for the certification through the IACRA system.

If you already have your private pilot license then the process is much easier. You will just need to take the Part 61 exam (which is online) and then have a CFI sign off. After that you will get your temp certificate.

If you do not have your PPL then you will need to take the Part 107 exam, which is conducted at testing centers.

It is my understanding that the 333 exemption is no longer available to apply for, so the above steps are what is needed to operate a drone commercially.

Thank you that cleared a lot up for me.

Hi Gary,

Do you by chance have to link to the exam site?

Just to clear things up, you cannot have your cfi give you your temp cert, it must be an FAA examiner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters