Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stuck in travel mode :: Firmware issue

Reaction score
I can't get my inspire 1 to exit travel mode because I updated the controller first (I know, I know - seems retarded that this can screw your machine up so bad though). I tried rolling back to 1.6 and 1.58 with no luck. Any suggestions? or should I just toss this thing in the trash.

I can roll back, but when I do the remote doesn't connect to the aircraft, so I can't exit travel mode

I can roll back, but when I do the remote doesn't connect to the aircraft, so I can't exit travel mode

What are you rolling back to ? It need to be V1.580 if the craft is on FW before v1.8

What colour is the RC led in both FW and the craft tail light ?

What are you rolling back to ? It need to be V1.580 if the craft is on FW before v1.8

What colour is the RC led in both FW and the craft tail light ?
I tried 1.580 and I couldn't get it to connect to the drone - not sure what Fw is sorry - the tail light is blue

What FW does it appear to connect to the craft in ?

Try slightly turning the manual screw to adjust the main mech that does the legs it may have jammed, see the manual on how to do this, just turn it either way a little to settle it and it may release but you will need to be on the FW that connects to the craft.

It's located underneath the gimbal plate in the bottom and in the box it the tool to do it.

What FW does it appear to connect to the craft in ?

Try slightly turning the manual screw to adjust the main mech that does the legs it may have jammed, see the manual on how to do this, just turn it either way a little to settle it and it may release but you will need to be on the FW that connects to the craft.

It's located underneath the gimbal plate in the bottom and in the box it the tool to do it.

It's not though it's stuck - the controller will not connect to the aircraft when rolled back

Last edited:
Is that new? Many people did the same mistake before you and have always been able to update.

I can't get my inspire 1 to exit travel mode because I updated the controller first (I know, I know - seems retarded that this can screw your machine up so bad though). I tried rolling back to 1.6 and 1.58 with no luck. Any suggestions? or should I just toss this thing in the trash.
I did the same thing! Just roll back to last working firmware on both devices and the relink your controller I had the blue light as well. It's just software. Then update the bird then controller and relink again if needed

Had exact same problem with abrand new Inspire V2--would not go out of travel mode--after 3 different days spending 2 hours on the phone
Ended up sending it back for an exchange--

it might be the power board, near the battery, changed one this week and it solved the problem

I just had this issue. Sent my craft in for repair and it was returned in travel mode with a different OS version than my controller. The AC won't update the OS in the travel mode. After 2 hours on the phone with DJI trying all the options, I was given an RMA to send the AC and RC to DJI to be paired and returned. Cost me another $90 on top of the AC repair!

Great..I'm having the exact same issue..This REALLY sucks..Is there any fix I can try before calling DJI?..I'll never buy this brand ever again..daily nightmares.

did you try going to another internet access point?--some internet providers dont like china...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lifeisart