Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

T600 vs T601 real world test

So did you find out what went wrong with your Inspire? or what caused the accident?

Everytime I flew my Inspire I am scared to death it will crash. I look up Facebook owner page there are many occasions where the Inspire just fell out of the sky. some maybe pilot error, others maybe legitimate product/software issue.... hence I bought the Litchi but I am yet to use it until I am familiar with the bird.
Never found out what caused it. Loaded my flight record into Healthy Drone, but everything seems good. We have insurance, so I'm not too concerned about the actual bird going down, but that it goes down in front of a client and/or cause damage. That is my true concern. With drones you go from Hero to Zero in a bloody quick hurry if things go wrong!

Never found out what caused it. Loaded my flight record into Healthy Drone, but everything seems good. We have insurance, so I'm not too concerned about the actual bird going down, but that it goes down in front of a client and/or cause damage. That is my true concern. With drones you go from Hero to Zero in a bloody quick hurry if things go wrong!

I dont have a client as I fly for fun but I guess when it does go down at front a client its a major shot down....

Where did you obtain insurance if I may ask? I can only get it under fire and theft under contents and it has to stay in the locked building. I really want to get an insurance for the Inspire but I couldnt find anyone.

Prior to the "falling out of the sky" incident I flew like the Inspire would never fall (even though I knew that sooner or later it could). Back then my biggest concern was not crashing it, so as long as I did my part by doing my pre-flight/post-flight checks and I avoided a crash, she'd do her part by staying in the air. Not so unfortunately.

I love how predatory she looks in the sky! I love how fast and manoeuvrable she is. Just wish I could trust her to stay up there o_O

Sorry for OT! Her? Does she have a name? :);):p

I dont have a client as I fly for fun but I guess when it does go down at front a client its a major shot down....

Where did you obtain insurance if I may ask? I can only get it under fire and theft under contents and it has to stay in the locked building. I really want to get an insurance for the Inspire but I couldnt find anyone.
We used MARSH New Zealand as the insurance broker. Insurance is underwritten by QBE Australia. It's Aviation Insurance cause in NZ other insurance companies won't insure a flying asset (last I looked).
Costs $2060 per year for hul (that's the Inspire), $1,000,000 public liability (bodily injury & property damage), and $1,000,000 NZ Forest and Rural Fires. All claims carry an excess of $1,000, so worst case it'll cost us that to get back in the air. It's not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but because we're a business we have to have it.
If you come across a cheaper alternative I'd love to know about it!

Reactions: online421
Ferdi, have you pulled the DAT files for this accident? Please share them if you can.

EDIT: Just saw your post in the other thread. Got em!

We used MARSH New Zealand as the insurance broker. Insurance is underwritten by QBE Australia. It's Aviation Insurance cause in NZ other insurance companies won't insure a flying asset (last I looked).
Costs $2060 per year for hul (that's the Inspire), $1,000,000 public liability (bodily injury & property damage), and $1,000,000 NZ Forest and Rural Fires. All claims carry an excess of $1,000, so worst case it'll cost us that to get back in the air. It's not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but because we're a business we have to have it.
If you come across a cheaper alternative I'd love to know about it!

you are right it is not cheap! $2000 per annum is mad. I guess if you are in the business you can recover the cost... but weee solo fly for fun guy like me wont be able to afford this.

Concerning the T600 vs T601 issue that has been discussed many times. Today we did again a test, 2 x Inspire Pro, both on FW 1.4, both 658C controllers, one is a T600 and one is T601. Same place, same conditions same everything. The T601 has a MUCH better range, much better penetration, much more solid RC connection. The are area was not very flat and there was some inteference. Buildings, power lines etc around. Where the T600 started to loose image transmission at around 0.6 miles, the T601 flew 1 mile and rock solid signal, not even dropping a bar, even not when turning around.

So for those who got shafted by DJI, just like we did as well, the T601 is MUCH better !

Again, this was a real world test, not a 'on paper' thing.

So dont buy the BS from DJI when they tell you in real world you will not see any difference.

I am wondering if you can bind, the new remote to the T600 and see if you still get the same long range or its short? If its just a remote upgrade that will make it easy than replacing the whole inspire :) might be promosing for us v1 users.

So please test for us

I am wondering if you can bind, the new remote to the T600 and see if you still get the same long range or its short? If its just a remote upgrade that will make it easy than replacing the whole inspire :) might be promosing for us v1 users.

So please test for us

I can bind both old and new RC and see no difference whatsoever.

I am brand spanking new to the forum and will be pulling the trigger on the I1 black straight from DJI, the tech specs list it down as a T600, do you think that's a typo?? I'll be getting a student discount which makes it not sooooo painful to purchase.

Antidotally, now that I own an original I1 V1 and a T601 I1 Pro Black Edition, I must say: range on the stock Pro T601 is really stunning.

I haven't outflown it yet, but I intend to. My I1 v1 went to 12,752ft out at a particular spot.

At some point I'll do the same with the I1ProBE and I'm quite sure I'll blow that away based on being 2 miles out already and full 5 bars on video and RC control.

I'm wondering where is this update that was mentionrd to make all the inspire 1 pros that are labeled as T600's to T601's and have this power restrictions removed.

According to a comment on RCGROUPS this is suppose to be a future firmware update. I wonder if this is just another promise that has been made to just sell off the remaining Inspire 1 Pro T600 series kits without people wanting to return / exchange them for the higher wattage T601 kits.

Nas,

Reactions: slim.slamma
I just picked up a new Inspire 1 Pro and had been reading about the T600 & T601 differences and had concern about getting the right bird. Although the seller confirmed it was in fact a T601, he said he had no idea without breaking the seal on the box if whether or not the RC was a 658C and if the Inspire had the improved FCC # ending in 1510. As it turned out, I did end up with the 1510 along with 658C controller. Haven't had a chance to fly her yet however, I would never have known about any of this without the help of the members of this forum. Thanks to all!!

I was told by dji its a firmware update that will increase the power to the new higher power!
I find this hard to believe from 255MW to close to 1 watt, looking at taking apart the light bridge from a T600 and T601 and see the RF output circuit is different !!!

I was told by dji its a firmware update that will increase the power to the new higher power!
I find this hard to believe from 255MW to close to 1 watt, looking at taking apart the light bridge from a T600 and T601 and see the RF output circuit is different !!!

that will be interesting to see :)
report back :D pleeeeeaaaaase
cheers

Yes please let us know !! Thank you so much :) I low key feel cheep with my inspire T600 :(

I see this is a pretty old thread, but I'd like to chime in if I may, I have a T801 but my RC FCC number ends in 1504 not 1510, could this be the reason my inspire will loose video at around 2500 ft most recently 3400 with reflectors? Is the 1504 less powerful than the 1510?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk