Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tablet Compatibility ?

Reaction score
Website
www.tim.co.nz
Hi there,

Just wondered what people are using for monitors? I hear lots using apple gear but I have two Samsung Tablets 10.1 and a Tab3 lite. Still havent got my Inspire yet but hoping these will work ok?

Thanks for any advice.
Tim

Comes down to size and processor speed. Then how much you want to spend. Lots of discussions out there on which is best.
Check out discussions here and on Facebook. I'm leaning towards an I pad Air 2. But I like downloading videos to share with people and the larger screen is easier on my eyes. Ipad mini 2 will work. And is under $350, I believe.

Hi there,

Just wondered what people are using for monitors? I hear lots using apple gear but I have two Samsung Tablets 10.1 and a Tab3 lite. Still havent got my Inspire yet but hoping these will work ok?

Thanks for any advice.
Tim
Hey tim ..did you get your inspire1 yet?? Was wondering if the 10.1 screen fits in the tablet holder ??

And now that the app was pulled I went over to the Darkside and bought Samsung galaxy Tab S 8.4

Guys over at rcgroups are saying the Tab S is pretty poor at running the app. Someone posted a video up and it was really, really jerky compared to the iPad. It seems that the older Tab Pro is much better.

Here you go:

You might want to take it back and get something else.

Reactions: fuardo
My tab S was choppy until I ran Clean Master on it. I have a 10.5 with a Samsung case, it will fit on the controller just fine. And is smooth. I lock the controller on a very sturdy fold the the Samsung case.

3151765bdf59e95adb9a4678474bbfb6.jpg
addd28a980e7879d8e1c9cbafab5fd53.jpg
c90d3a8c75980e58cc215d03777d5d60.jpg

And some photos to prove it works.

Galaxy Tabs S 10.5 and Samsung book cover case. Will work with a stock controller.

c8e0593829917bc621bf9e6fc6379db2.jpg
929e3a7a40c031f09dc55e386dbe029b.jpg

Not really, the antennas will be blocked if you are strait up and not pointing the controller up. It also fits in the case with some modification. It uses up part of one of the 7 battery spots though.

So you're saying your Tab S doesn't perform like in the video I posted? Is the frame rate smooth or low like in the video?
Sorry for pestering with this but I'm trying to decide on an android tablet for when DJI inevitably fail to get their iOS app approved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44