Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tablet flops over

Reaction score
Website
www.dreamtimeentertainment.com
Any tips on getting my 9 inch tablet to stay put a little better on the, really under engineered, single screw in the bracket? I tightened it as much as I dare, but it's still not enough to hold the tab and a foam core sun hood in place. I was thinking rubber washers or something may help, but it's very tight on the components.

I figure someone has been there done that.

beat

Reactions: Wiski23
I would have to disagree, the bracket is the best one I have ever used, no one has a bracket that fits the remote so well. You are using a larger tablet, you cant expect it to perform properly. The bracket is not just a simple screw, it actually has a post that enters the transmitter body fairly deep providing alot of support for standard sized tablets.

Any tips on getting my 9 inch tablet to stay put a little better on the, really under engineered, single screw in the bracket? I tightened it as much as I dare, but it's still not enough to hold the tab and a foam core sun hood in place. I was thinking rubber washers or something may help, but it's very tight on the components.

I figure someone has been there done that.

beat

Yeah it's a **** system with that one screw. You just need to use your muscles and tighten it up really tight. I've nearly stripped the flathead groove on mine so will order a new one and add washers if possible.
Luckily I use my screwdriver everyday so I've got superman wrists...

Does the same thing with my 7 inch tablet. It's a great bracket design all in all but the tensioner is not strong enough. Needs teeth on both male and female components to let it grab. Even if you crank it down, over time it slowly loosens as you move it back and forth for travel. A small spring lever thumb tensioner would help adjust it. These components are available on many of the articulating arms and rod systems used to hold camera components to DSLRs.

Glad y'all are talking about your 7" and 9" tablets flopping…. Reminds me of when I cracked up laughing when my wife told me to hold the camera bag, and she said, "you hold it and I'll stick it in"; she finally figured out why I was laughing

Enjoy life and be nice

I use an iPad air 2 and I have never had this problem. I leave mine a bit loose so that when I put the controller back to bed the cradle folds down without the need for a screw driver.

So my fix, which works - I sourced a screw about 1/8 inch longer and added a small lockwasher and a small washer to the screw. This secures it. I think some locktite would go a long way in keeping it from working loose again. So it's plastic - washer - lockwasher - screwhead. You don't want the lock washer scraping up the plastic.

Reactions: flydogs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207