Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tablet help

Reaction score
My fire department is looking at purchasing and Inspire one platform for our new drone system. I was wondering if you can use a full-size iPad for your screen? We have a bunch around the department that we could utilize and it would save the taxpayers money. I haven't been able to find any answers in other forums. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Hi there and welcome to the Inspire Pilots Forum. We would need to know what specific model iPad you are referring to when you say "full-size". The stock mobile device holder can extend up to 170mm. It is not able to fit the larger iPad Pro units but we do have extension adapters to accommodate larger tablets on the stock device holder with the Inspire 1.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any further assistance to you or your department.

The Advexure Team - [email protected] / (855) 625-2055

My fire department is looking at purchasing and Inspire one platform for our new drone system. I was wondering if you can use a full-size iPad for your screen? We have a bunch around the department that we could utilize and it would save the taxpayers money. I haven't been able to find any answers in other forums. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Are you talking about current full size iPads or older full size iPads?

Hi there and welcome to the Inspire Pilots Forum. We would need to know what specific model iPad you are referring to when you say "full-size". The stock mobile device holder can extend up to 170mm. It is not able to fit the larger iPad Pro units but we do have extension adapters to accommodate larger tablets on the stock device holder with the Inspire 1.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any further assistance to you or your department.

The Advexure Team - [email protected] / (855) 625-2055

I can't imagine that a bit of 3D printing can't fix the mount so any size tablet is possible. The I1 has a rather robust mount compared to the flimsy one my P3 birds came with. An extension shouldn't be too much problem. The bottom would be fixed in the mount so it clears the sticks but an offset S-hook storta deal could be made for the upper to allow larger devices since there isn't anything but sky above the top of the mount. Nothing for the pad to get in the way of.

Reactions: Advexure
I was wondering about that too.Is there a list somewhere that shows which ipads and android devices work with the inspire 1.
Thanks for any help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elkincorp