Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Taking off from a slope...???

Reaction score
Howdy...

With my Phantom, I've only ever done an IMU Cali once, and I've never had an issue since then. However, I frequently have to take off on non-flat surfaces. Quite often, the hell is on the side of a hill, and it'd be hassle to have to 'create' a flat surface by propping up a board or something.

With my Phantom, on a sloping surface, it'd take off at an angle, and then immediately correct itself and hover normally.

I'm wondering what will now happen to an update Inspire if one needs to take off from a non-flat surface?

Any thoughts?

Best,

Ben

Howdy...

With my Phantom, I've only ever done an IMU Cali once, and I've never had an issue since then. However, I frequently have to take off on non-flat surfaces. Quite often, the hell is on the side of a hill, and it'd be hassle to have to 'create' a flat surface by propping up a board or something.

With my Phantom, on a sloping surface, it'd take off at an angle, and then immediately correct itself and hover normally.

I'm wondering what will now happen to an update Inspire if one needs to take off from a non-flat surface?

Any thoughts?

Best,

Ben
Been taking off from an A frame roof its a little scary. it lands itself also.

Since the new firmware update? I'd love to see that! Can you take a video?

Ben

Well, the whole question is taking off from a slope, not from flat. Please don't go to the trouble of videoing taking off from the flat portion... Thanks anywyas...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters