Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB48 battery question

Reaction score
Website
www.countrystudio.co.uk
One of my batteries a TB48 has one cell that always shows a lower charged voltage despite deep cycle maintainance.
This cell shows 4.14 the others all show 4.30- to 4.30
As Result I get awarning on the Go app but the lowest cell volt is what the app is showing me so I keep a eye on that at stop when it reaches 3.5.
The battery shows no sign of causing any sudden land scenario or any other trouble what do you guys think? Should I stop using it? Get it repaired ,if that is possible?
If repaired when in the U.K. ?
Thanks in advance
Alistair

Personally I’d quit using it I would not risk my bird over a 200 battery.

Sounds like a bad cell. Not "repairable". I agree, do not use it anymore. You risk that cell failing and your aircraft becoming dead weight falling from the sky. I have two questionable TB-48s and I use them to power up my equipment indoors to adjust settings, update firmware, demonstrate, etc. Not flying the aircraft.

One of my batteries a TB48 has one cell that always shows a lower charged voltage despite deep cycle maintainance.
As Result I get awarning on the Go app but the lowest cell volt is what the app is showing me so I keep a eye on that at stop when it reaches 3.5.
The battery shows no sign of causing any sudden land scenario or any other trouble what do you guys think? Should I stop using it? Get it repaired ,if that is possible?
Thanks in advance
Alistair
Don't fly with this batt, not worth the risk.

Thanks in advance
Alistair
An imbalance of less than 200mV is nothing to be concerned about providing the cells track fairly linearly under load.
As you mention, your app will show you the lowest sell voltage and I would advise flicking into the battery screen two or three times during a flight anyway to glance at how the cells are tracking.
If no other symptoms are manifesting themselves I would be happy to trust that pack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez