Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB55 batteries

Lol i know, i wont have much faith with them, but they did confirm. Had to wait like 15min for the answer tho.

I see your logic with the batteries.

Did you see this picture for possible adaption of the Z30?

100742e0jwwgqgc1k2dq2p.jpg
To me it looks like an adapter that takes the I2 format camera and converts to the I1 format. Net result i think is the payloads that are I1 compatible will NOT work on the I2 as the adapter is the wrong way round. The photo looks like the X5S with an adapter fitted and if you zoom on the video with the Z30 fitted it looks stock fitting with no adapter. I would think they would prefer to sell the X5S / X4S as these are the latest designs and not the older camera.

Reactions: Ftolino
You're the wrong way round, Dr Jon - if you watch the video the only camera shown with the adapator attached is the FLIR XT. The gimbal vibration damping plate looks the same design as the one from the I2 (triangular), and with a similar profile socket for the gimbal to fit into. The standard gimbal mount for the Z30 is this later type, not the original like the X5 - there's a replacement board and mount that enables the M100 to use the Z30. To use the XT on the M100 after the Z30 you'd need to swap it back to the original x3/x5 style boards.

Last edited:
Keep in mind the TB55 are 176.93Wh and therefore over the 100Wh hour limit for air travel (at least in the US, not sure elsewhere but I believe this is an IATA reg so most likely worldwide.

Only two (2) of these batteries per passenger can be carried onboard commercial aircraft.

Actual FAA reg for your reference:

LithiumRegs.jpeg

More info here: https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...fo/media/Airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

So with these being much heavier, do we think they will alter the CoG much (bearing in mind there are 2 of them!)?

I would assume they most definitely will. On the M200 DJI has advised only flying dual gimbal configurations with TB55's for better W&B. They're going to throw a heck of a lot more weight back. To be precise, 740 grams of additional weight (26.4 ounces). That's quite significant.

They're going to throw a heck of a lot more weight back. To be precise, 740 grams of additional weight (26.4 ounces). That's quite significant.
I could see that being a problem for sport mode and assisted braking - the change in COG could try to drag the max angle to more than 45 degrees and destablise the aircraft during heavy braking. That may mean a firmware change to reduce the max angle and braking, or reduce top speed. (Maybe that's why the I2 had 8-9mph shaved off at the very start!)

Zowee... the I2 might become a tail dragger with two TB55's - dolly-wheel under the battery bay anyone? :D

While I'm sure the added weight will definitely have a CG affect, I will point out that the I2 flys pretty well with the X5s gimbal/camera removed from the front end . I guess what I'm trying to say is that the added aft weight of the TB55 shouldn't be a show stopper.

Reactions: Advexure
I really want to see an inspire 2 with tb55's an props on . There's no room to go much wider than the tb50 . I hope they do but it's very doubtful

I really want to see an inspire 2 with tb55's an props on . There's no room to go much wider than the tb50 . I hope they do but it's very doubtful

Asked for an image from one of our guys at the DJI exhibit in Barcelona at MWC but apparently DJI does not have an Inspire 2 on display in their exhibit (very odd why not) to shown TB55 compatibility. It has been confirmed a few times now that TB55s are compatible with the I2.

Hopefully you can get picture with the TB55 installed.

Yesterday i asked about 4G/LTE control (copy paste from their page and asked if there is some sort of timeline or is there beta to test).. first answer was: have i done IMU calibration? wth.. asked, if he read my question, he said yes... after minute of silence, he said sorry and informs that now he undestands.. then he started to talk about crystal sky and said it's not ready yet... so, at this point i would like to get imageproof lol.

Guy name was Jason, enterprise aftersales service chat..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide