Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB55 batteries

I've hung a pound of extra batteries under my inspire 1 had no problem carrying it for 25 minutes with an x5. It's physically possible to carry it but the props will not clear them and I'm not reducing prop size defeats the purpose.

I've hung a pound of extra batteries under my inspire 1 had no problem carrying it for 25 minutes with an x5. It's physically possible to carry it but the props will not clear them and I'm not reducing prop size defeats the purpose.
Yes - you've hung it underneath but not offset so the COG is thrown a long way off.
This would make the rear motors work way harder just to maintain level attitude.

Reactions: NickU
Yes - you've hung it underneath but not offset so the COG is thrown a long way off.
This would make the rear motors work way harder just to maintain level attitude.

Agreed and the inspire 1 doesn't have a quick spin function that could really be bad if you had the CG this far off.

That can be turned off. An yes directly off the back under the status light . I'm just saying its possible an agree cog should be main objective.

I'll wait for adapters an sling a multistar under it . The tb55 isn't going to work

I'm surprised that nobody has got a tape measure out and measured the TB55's.... Scaling it in Photoshop I can say (approximately) that the TB55 is around 55 to 57mm wide and the TB50 is 35mm so what we got here is a 20mm wider battery and only 9mm clearance!tb55 batts.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rulppa
Just looked at the video, the adaptor is for the xt, the z30 looks like it mounts directly. So I'd guess the I2 would also need a firmware update as they don't list the z30 as compatible right now, even if (technically) it's mount is.
Apparently the xt doesn't work even with the adaptor. We were informed by our dealer today that for whatever reason the xt version 1 needs to go back to them for an update that they want $400 us for. It's absolute ludacris that we ordered a m210rtk almost 6 months ago and all we have to show are a 30hz zenmuse xt and z30 that we can't even use and now they want more money to update a camera that cost almost $17,000cdn. Almost as stupid as not being able to have a fpv cam on our m600pro with ronin mx without buying 3rd party plugs and adaptors

Apparently the xt doesn't work even with the adaptor. We were informed by our dealer today that for whatever reason the xt version 1 needs to go back to them for an update that they want $400 us for. It's absolute ludacris that we ordered a m210rtk almost 6 months ago and all we have to show are a 30hz zenmuse xt and z30 that we can't even use and now they want more money to update a camera that cost almost $17,000cdn. Almost as stupid as not being able to have a fpv cam on our m600pro with ronin mx without buying 3rd party plugs and adaptors

Yes, unfortunately the Zenmuse XT Gimbal Adapter is required to mount the XT to the M200's mounting plate.

To check whether you have a V1 or V2 you can reference the original packaging:

XT V2.png

The GO app also shows your version:

GO APP.png

Completely understand the frustration, would definitely have been nice to see DJI just include the XT adapter will all M200's and no update fee for XT owners.

Once you do update from V1 to V2 on the XT, you will then solely use DJI Pilot instead of DJI GO.

Yes, unfortunately the Zenmuse XT Gimbal Adapter is required to mount the XT to the M200's mounting plate.

To check whether you have a V1 or V2 you can reference the original packaging:

View attachment 15102

The GO app also shows your version:

View attachment 15103

Completely understand the frustration, would definitely have been nice to see DJI just include the XT adapter will all M200's and no update fee for XT owners.

Once you do update from V1 to V2 on the XT, you will then solely use DJI Pilot instead of DJI GO.
Ya it's crazy. Ours is gonna be a v1. It's the high res 30hz, might not even be availible in the US. We have had it on our old inspire to try before but I don't really trust that old bird and the camera is way too expensive to risk. There is the new XT app that seemed a lot more geared toward the camera and had sliders for temp variations.

I actually tied the xt on my osmo handle. It does power the camera and record but no feed comes through on the phone. I think that as well is a big miss. Paying that kind of money for a camera, it should work on any platform it fits on. I wasn't surprised but frusterated. Could appeal to so many more customers if they could fly and so exterior and then mount on the osmo handle and work indoors or tight areas.

Ya it's crazy. Ours is gonna be a v1. It's the high res 30hz, might not even be availible in the US. We have had it on our old inspire to try before but I don't really trust that old bird and the camera is way too expensive to risk. There is the new XT app that seemed a lot more geared toward the camera and had sliders for temp variations.

I actually tied the xt on my osmo handle. It does power the camera and record but no feed comes through on the phone. I think that as well is a big miss. Paying that kind of money for a camera, it should work on any platform it fits on. I wasn't surprised but frusterated. Could appeal to so many more customers if they could fly and so exterior and then mount on the osmo handle and work indoors or tight areas.

Gotcha. Yes, in regards to XT on Osmo, DJI has stated many times over "it is unlikely that the Zenmuse XT will be compatible with the Osmo in the near future" and for XT compatibility with the Inspire 2 they have stated that it will never be compatible.

We definitely hear quite a bit regarding the desire and need in different industries for handheld capability with the XT. It simply makes the ROI with your XT a much more reasonable investment. Maybe some day... :(

Reactions: Hammer_155
Gotcha. Yes, in regards to XT on Osmo, DJI has stated many times over "it is unlikely that the Zenmuse XT will be compatible with the Osmo in the near future" and for XT compatibility with the Inspire 2 they have stated that it will never be compatible.

We definitely hear quite a bit regarding the desire and need in different industries for handheld capability with the XT. It simply makes the ROI with your XT a much more reasonable investment. Maybe some day... :(
Exactly, anything we can offer that will help pay for that thing. In the air or on the ground. It's just funny that it will stabilize and record and do everything it need to on the osmo except show you on the screen. Seems like a simple enough thing to do.

Reactions: Advexure

It even showed osmo, powered by flir on the home screen in GO

Keep in mind the TB55 are 176.93Wh and therefore over the 100Wh hour limit for air travel (at least in the US, not sure elsewhere but I believe this is an IATA reg so most likely worldwide.

Only two (2) of these batteries per passenger can be carried onboard commercial aircraft.

Re. the TB55 176Wh batteries....
Not only are they over 100Wh (medium capacity), but they are over 160Wh (high capacity), meaning that in many countries (I can't speak for all) and airlines they cannot be carried aboard a Commercial Passenger flight at all (except in a wheelchair or similar)...

Travelling safely with batteries and portable power packs | Civil Aviation Safety Authority

Reactions: Advexure
Here is my 2 cents about tb55s,i think it could be done if you get costome props ,condition 1 ,condition 2 would be to throw hevier camera lens on front to balance the bird .Now i seen somone instaling some 144mm zoom on inspire 2,maby there even longer lenses or hevier primes.Not saying that would be easy to set it up but i personaly think its posible.Me personaly i will wait see if DJI comes out with redesigne pak like p4 hi capacity pak.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77