Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB55 batteries

And YES, TB55 will be compatible with the Inspire 2.

Ok we now have a DJI Main dealer saying they will fit and :

Sorry to burst your bubbles but the tb55 are not compatible . The props won't even clear the batteries!

And someone from DJI US Support (according to their signature) saying they wont - IF both of these parties are authorised and involved with DJI one would assume they would be saying the same thing - I'm now officially confused!

DJI could always make a new battery that is longer instead of being wider for more capacity.

DJI could always make a new battery that is longer instead of being wider for more capacity.
Yes- but the idea of them being compatible is for people who would probably buy the M200 like me and already have (when it finally gets here) an I2 - interchangeable batteries would be ideal!

Ok we now have a DJI Main dealer saying they will fit and :

And someone from DJI US Support (according to their signature) saying they wont - IF both of these parties are authorised and involved with DJI one would assume they would be saying the same thing - I'm now officially confused!

Sorry but dealers don't have the information like some of us do.. I work very closely with R&D, I mostly do testing on new products .. I can assure you that these packs do not fit the i2. Dealers sell things, most of the time they're not the most technical. There's nothing wrong with this but they should not be providing information like the above when they are clearly don't have the correct information!

Dji tech support is like talking to a 5 year old about geo physics . Worthless

Thank you for your information, @blade strike. There is definitely some uncertainty across different areas of DJI on TB55 compatibility. Appreciate your clarification.

Misinformation was provided and according to our latest communication there will not be prop clearance with the TB55s. On behalf of Advexure and DJI we apologize for this misinformation.

Reactions: oblivie
Thank you for your information, @blade strike. There is definitely some uncertainty across different areas of DJI on TB55 compatibility. Appreciate your clarification.

Misinformation was provided and according to our latest communication there will not be prop clearance with the TB55s. On behalf of Advexure and DJI we apologize for this misinformation.

No problem sir, Like I explained on the phone this product was kept pretty quiet even internally. Once release things were and still are very fluid .. This is why I check directly with Engineering 2 separate times with multiple sources!

For those that don't know me I do testing on most if not all products from DJI.. I have done this since 2012. A few of us have been flying the i2 since early July in the US, its been a fun product and has outstand capabilities, unfortunately it can not accept these tb55 packs.

unfortunately many here on the forum have had the same experience as Ftolino with DJI customer care :( Hopefully you can take this feedback to heart. Care is really an area where DJI can improve.
Yes, literally the worst service ever... and I was a Verizon and Comcast customer at the same time for years.

I'd go back to that over dealing with DJI any day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

blade, 3 persons from dji said they will fit and work, question is ..will there be other set of props for i2?

or actually if you can't answer that.. tell us if if we are able to fire up the motors, without props. i'm sure you are able to test that for us since you got involved, which is good - thanks for the info even tho, it's confusing.

Guys, BladeStrike is a real person like you & me and really flies the different DJI aircraft, not just a faceless DJI call centre or keyboard jockey that regurgitates from a script. He's one of the few DJI associated voices on the net that talks real sense!

So, if he says they won't fit... they won't fit. Be glad he's saved you some money and frustration ;) :D

I will reiterate the comments above. Ken (Blade Strike) is 'one of the good guys' and will know infinitely more about any DJI platform than anybody manning a phone line or 'help line's
If he has confirmed (as suspected) that TB55's do not fit the I2 then they do not fit. End of speculation.

Reactions: Advexure
unfortunately many here on the forum have had the same experience as Ftolino with DJI customer care :( Hopefully you can take this feedback to heart. Care is really an area where DJI can improve.
Don't know why strike is busting balls he obviously doesn't have to deal with tech support. He should try it out once make sure your bilingual an have a lot of patience.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Just out or curiosity asked dji rep again and told about blade strike and mixed answers on the forums.

Again rep asked her trainer and he/she confirmed that TB55 will still work and answer remains same. I do believe blade is right, its not that. ..but it might be a good idea to update their trainer because i dont think i'm the only one asking this. Since @blade strike works for DJI, please make them stop.

Probably some people will make decision to invest big bucks on i2 based on this false (?) info they keep spreading, or order i2 without any extra batteries and decides to wait for those TB55's and so on..

Reactions: Advexure
Just out or curiosity asked dji rep again and told about blade strike and mixed answers on the forums.

Again rep asked her trainer and he/she confirmed that TB55 will still work and answer remains same. I do believe blade is right, its not that. ..but it might be a good idea to update their trainer because i dont think i'm the only one asking this. Since @blade strike works for DJI, please make them stop.

Probably some people will make decision to invest big bucks on i2 based on this false (?) info they keep spreading, or order i2 without any extra batteries and decides to wait for those TB55's and so on..

I have forwarded this again..

Guys please think about it.. there's no clearance and it's over a pound of extra weight all to the rear.. it's not even physically possible.

Don't know why strike is busting balls he obviously doesn't have to deal with tech support. He should try it out once make sure your bilingual an have a lot of patience.

Actually I do when I need my equipment repaired and replaced. I start a ticket like every one else since I don't work on site in Carson

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84