Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

terrible video transmission

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have an I2 with a 5s gimbal. I also use a crystal sky ultra bright monitor.
On my last flight , I had completely useless video transmission. The image would be random and when I was able to see it, looked like the image was really delayed. An example is flying towards a tree( I was above it ) the image would be garbage and when it would come back, it looked like I was still approaching the tree after I had passed it. I know there is a little latency in the transmission, but not 8 seconds later. Any Idea on why I am having horrible transmission?
Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

I have an I2 with a 5s gimbal. I also use a crystal sky ultra bright monitor.
On my last flight , I had completely useless video transmission. The image would be random and when I was able to see it, looked like the image was really delayed. An example is flying towards a tree( I was above it ) the image would be garbage and when it would come back, it looked like I was still approaching the tree after I had passed it. I know there is a little latency in the transmission, but not 8 seconds later. Any Idea on why I am having horrible transmission?
Thanks in advance.
Before you take off, always check the "transmission quality" by going through the entire focus range of the lens using GO4. If the feed falls appart, turn off your CS and turn it on again, clear video and photo cache and do the same test again with the focusing. Let us know if this helps.

There are numerous old threads discussing unreliable video feed between the I2 and CS. Recommend you try searching for them, for background if you have not already. The culprit was the CS, not the I2. I got rid of my CS a few years ago because of those problems on a client shoot that almost cost me my reputation. Switching back to using an iPad brought back rock solid video feed performance. Yes, the iPad screen is not as bright, and the cold weather performance is not as good, but the unreliable feed completely nullified those advantages of the CS, at least for me. I have no idea if things have improved in the past few years. Best of luck.

There are numerous old threads discussing unreliable video feed between the I2 and CS. Recommend you try searching for them, for background if you have not already. The culprit was the CS, not the I2. I got rid of my CS a few years ago because of those problems on a client shoot that almost cost me my reputation. Switching back to using an iPad brought back rock solid video feed performance. Yes, the iPad screen is not as bright, and the cold weather performance is not as good, but the unreliable feed completely nullified those advantages of the CS, at least for me. I have no idea if things have improved in the past few years. Best of luck.

thank you for your input. I still kept my iPads for back up . I guess Ill be using them instead.
ipads work ok and the iOS version of GO4 has had more iterations than the Android and CS version, so one can argue that it is perhaps more polished. But after following the routine I mentioned in my previous post my CS has had no issues with stability and transmission and with the extra benefits it offers I am sticking with CS 🙂

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08