Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The Importance of Editing

Reaction score
Earlier I posted a thought about how editing can improve our films. If you're truly interested in making your films better, set aside an hour and 40 minutes and watch the documentary, The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing.

Now, you may not think this would apply to you or your films. You couldn't be more wrong.

Watch it here:

Earlier I posted a thought about how editing can improve our films. If you're truly interested in making your films better, set aside an hour and 40 minutes and watch the documentary, The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing.

Now, you may not think this would apply to you or your films. You couldn't be more wrong.

Watch it here:
Thanks mate. I'll check it out soon.

Great film - glad I finally set aside some time to watch. Every day I realize I know less than I thought I did about AP and editing

Watch it here:

Great find, thx for taking the time to share with the rest :)
I added to favorites and will watch 1st chance I get.

I thought the documentary demonstrated that you need to be a certain type of individual to be a editor. The term "sly politician" is used, I had not seen it that way before. It becomes apparent that the shape and content of most of the contemporary films over the past half century or more have been crafted by unknown editors rather than well known directors.
Even though their projects are far removed from what we do, I think there are some useful story telling lessons such as simple cuts, scene and film durations. You are telling a story whether it is two hours long or two minutes long....it is a art that I have not yet learned but I find fascinating :)

Good documentary. Lots of useful tips for cutting between scenes. I particlaulrly liked the part where the editors take the credit for making the actors look good! I hadn't really thought about it until you here them describe how they do it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa