Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

the latest firmware (as at March 19th 2016)

Reaction score
Every firmware makes me nervous .
I received an email showing the 1.7 upgrade from dji , so I downloaded and went at it
with the first battery in it took 11 min and the text files showed first 2 entries as a success.
Then I connected the master rc and it updated on its own through the ipad which was good
different but good .
Then I looked for the summary and everything was updated except the aircraft it was still at the last update 1.6
I did not get the firmware 1.7 update and yet the aircraft indicated I got a firmware update
Also at first after the update I lost video and that took 2 more attempts of updating firmware to finally get the video back, but still at the 1.6 version
Now batteries
are questionable , each time I changed the battery the update refused to go I got a d--dd the a flashing yellow light and I left it for 11 min,so I gather there is no battery update
I went through the download 4x and reformatted the micro card 3x and tried the update again 4x
I am still at 1.6
Anyone had this happen

I never update my firmware regardless of enhancement. Not worth the risk of failure. 1.4 brought alot to the table and im glad I survived that bumpy update. All the other fw 1.5, 1.6 advancements are worthless. Did the 200% zoom in 1.7 grab your attention?

Reactions: go fast
no nothing grabs my attention just trust dji that a firmware is required but you are right leave well enough alone ,well I'm upgraded on the camera,and rc ..no aircraft or batteries but that's ok
How do you check battery firmware where does that show up
I should be ok to fly so long as the video doesn't fail as this upgrade seems to be failing the video

no nothing grabs my attention just trust dji that a firmware is required but you are right leave well enough alone ,well I'm upgraded on the camera,and rc ..no aircraft or batteries but that's ok
How do you check battery firmware where does that show up
I should be ok to fly so long as the video doesn't fail as this upgrade seems to be failing the video
It's all in one now so you can not see the individual firmware for each component.

updated new firmware 1.7.0.90
text success
app 2.7.1
aircraft 1.6.00.40
rc 1.5.80
camera showing 1.6.00.40 ? it seems to do the functions, zoom works,
why would it not show 1.7.0.90 on the app. (about)

Me too.
Tried 3 times

Every firmware makes me nervous .
I received an email showing the 1.7 upgrade from dji , so I downloaded and went at it
with the first battery in it took 11 min and the text files showed first 2 entries as a success.
Then I connected the master rc and it updated on its own through the ipad which was good
different but good .
Then I looked for the summary and everything was updated except the aircraft it was still at the last update 1.6
I did not get the firmware 1.7 update and yet the aircraft indicated I got a firmware update
Also at first after the update I lost video and that took 2 more attempts of updating firmware to finally get the video back, but still at the 1.6 version
Now batteries
are questionable , each time I changed the battery the update refused to go I got a d--dd the a flashing yellow light and I left it for 11 min,so I gather there is no battery update
I went through the download 4x and reformatted the micro card 3x and tried the update again 4x
I am still at 1.6
Anyone had this happen
Will people please read the release notes. Especially note 2 last sentence!
The version number will only show up correctly AFTER connecting the updated app to the Internet.

Not sure what that means I did the firmware ..everything right to the ipad app and in the presence of the internet all the time
then connected with the master and slave both units showing 1.6 on the aircraft not 1.7.
Can you explain more?

"2.Camera version v1.7.0.90 and aircraft version v1.6.0.40 should be displayed on DJI GO as this update is only for the gimbal and camera system. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete."-----sorry about the previous thread now I understand ,strange what they have done the 1.7 is not the aircraft.
Thanks a lot for reading that careful I would have never seen that properly
So I also would assume the batteries did not get an update
really appreciate your info ,I was really bugged and kept trying over and over

Will people please read the release notes. Especially note 2 last sentence!
The version number will only show up correctly AFTER connecting the updated app to the Internet.
Sadly, you are asking for what 90% of DJI customers simply won't take the time to do, read the instructions...

"2.Camera version v1.7.0.90 and aircraft version v1.6.0.40 should be displayed on DJI GO as this update is only for the gimbal and camera system. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete."-----sorry about the previous thread now I understand ,strange what they have done the 1.7 is not the aircraft.
Thanks a lot for reading that careful I would have never seen that properly
So I also would assume the batteries did not get an update
really appreciate your info ,I was really bugged and kept trying over and over
Correct - no battery updates this time round.

I did read the release notes and understood the camera update would only show.
What I would like to know is the camera version is not showing even AFTER connecting the updated app to the internet.
Maybe I'm not connecting correctly but my rc has been on wi fi all during the process.
thank you

I just did 2 test flights and everything was fine, it was quite cold (4 degree C) so I did not get a lot of time on the #48 battery but that's ok
Pictures were good and the inspire fly as always stable and good video , I did not go far and was up about 250 feet
I am ready for spring flying
Both master and slave are working well thanks for the reading lesson from the editor

Still cannot get camera to show 1.70.90on my RC (about) still on 1.6.0.40
I reinstalled firmware 1.6.0.40 then again 1.70.90 afterwards again no update showing on RC.
would somebody explain what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do it would be much appreciated.
I still believe the camera is updated but not showing.

Still cannot get camera to show 1.70.90on my RC (about) still on 1.6.0.40
I reinstalled firmware 1.6.0.40 then again 1.70.90 afterwards again no update showing on RC.
would somebody explain what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do it would be much appreciated.
I still believe the camera is updated but not showing.
OK, the app gets its firmware information from the Inspire - once you have updated (which you have done) you must fire up everything, remote, Inspire and app and make sure you have the tablet connected to the Internet.
The app will read the Inspires (and cameras) firmware and will update its reporting (about section) via the Internet.
If you do not see it change, power everything down and providing you have followed the instructions above, the next time you power everything up the app should report the correct firmware versions.

Reactions: RBirtles
Editor
Thanks for your reply.
I have done the actually what your telling me 3x no go.
I'm starting to think its my internet connection I had a problem with updating my rc but then it did say it was downloaded at the end. maybe I should try another internet connection

I have the same issue. The camera is reporting 1.6.00.40+
The txt file on the SD card shows successful firmware upgrade. Digital zoom works. Using iPad 2 air with latest iOS. Strange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
technologyacair