The z3 update finally came out today [emoji16]

Oooh! I was hesitating to get one but not being usable with the Osmo was one of the things holding me. Will have to open the wallet again

Their FAQ item (that funnily is still there) wasn't suggesting that would ever happen.

2. Does the DJI Osmo support the Zenmuse Z3?

No. The Zenmuse Z3 is specially designed for aerial photography and is not compatible with the Osmo.

Reactions: oblivie
I seen on my screen that a new camera update is needed but I didn't see any new update on the DJI site for the Z3.
the newest firmware it shows was from August. How do I load the newest firmware.

Post some results guys..... how is this camera performance now[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
I'll be testing tomorrow morning at the beach, this was footage taken before update

Can't tell u how happy I am, well...let's hope it's a solid fw update. The fact alone that it is now compatible with the Osmo makes this a really amazing update...

Reactions: Richard in ky
Was it just a camera updat or did it update the bird aswell...thnx

I was unable to get a video feed on an external monitor with the old firmware. When I'd switch from photo to video mode, the image would freeze on the external monitor.

Here's hoping it's fixed...

Ive tried a dozen times and the camera would not update the new fw. This is my second camera, first one was sent to dji. They sent me back a completely different unit. whats even worse- now the camera doest work at all...no transmission signal... talk about the horror I've been dealing with...anyway, emailed dji,hopefully I can escalate an RMA.

Update went well. No screen blackouts in 4K, video transmission seemed OK, although I kept my eye on the bird so I could have missed some hick ups. Horizon drift was still there.
Glad it works with the Osmo now.

I would try reloading Zenmuse Z3 Preinstall Firmware V01.09.01.30 on your SD card. I had about the same issue and that fixed it for my Z3
NOTE: Deleted all the old bin. files then copied Firmware V01.09.01.30 onto the SD card from the DJI site: Put the SD-Card back in the Z3 camera and turned on the inspire 1 and let is sit for about 30 min. If that works I would then maybe try the new firm-ware.