Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The z3 update finally came out today [emoji16]

And works well with the Osmo I shot a boxing show lastnite....and I facebook lived it..
The skips is from my internet service

I'm still not 100% sure how to update the Z3. Can someone explain? Also, I am running a mac. Would that make a difference?

I'm still not 100% sure how to update the Z3. Can someone explain? Also, I am running a mac. Would that make a difference?
Use the inspire 1 to update it...it's the same way how u update it...put the bin file on memory card root.. series of beeps then your all set

Use the inspire 1 to update it...it's the same way how u update it...put the bin file on memory card root.. series of beeps then your all set

That's what I thought. The Inspire isn't doing the beeps. The camera is making all these twitching motions and has been for about 15min.

That's what I thought. The Inspire isn't doing the beeps. The camera is making all these twitching motions and has been for about 15min.
Same here...let it sit abit...jus to make sure it get done...that's it

Reactions: Kurt
Same here...let it sit abit...jus to make sure it get done...that's it[/QUOTEyea mine did this. I let it sit like that for another five mins then stopped it and checked the file on the mem card. All installed ok

Make sure the camera is level before turning the bird on. The previous firmware had a bug in it where if the camera was not level on startup it would not calibrate. The new firmware fixes that, but before you update you will have to ensure that the camera is level.

I experienced the same thing, the beeps are not loud like before, in-fact... there were no beeps at all... and at times, faint beeps sounded...weird...I thought I was hearing things, but when i took a knee and put my ear close to the camera. I realized actually updating.
So in short, let it run its course...

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishSights
Their FAQ item (that funnily is still there) wasn't suggesting that would ever happen.

I suspect that the sudden appearance of the Gopro Karma (with handle) was the reason DJI decided to let it be compatible. It was compatible all along, the restriction was only in the software.

So does it work with the OSMO handle? Or did a firmware change it? I saw this note on the Z3 product info....

Thanks to a 3.5x optical zoom, you'll be able to capture close-ups from the air with the Zenmuse Z3 Gimbal Camera from DJI. The camera features 4K video and 12MP photo capability for crisp imagery in motion or stills and an FOV range of 92° to 35°. It is compatible with DJI aircraft, including the DJI Inspire 1, Matrice 100, or Matrice 600. When connected, it integrates with the aircraft's Lightbridge system for live HD monitoring as well as control via the GO app or dedicated controls on the Remote Controller, with a range of up to 3.1 miles.

Note: For use on compatible DJI multi-rotor aircraft only. Not compatible with Osmo handheld device.​

So I am seeing a lot of conflicting reports of people getting it to work and others are not.

So does it work with the OSMO handle? Or did a firmware change it? I saw this note on the Z3 product info....

Thanks to a 3.5x optical zoom, you'll be able to capture close-ups from the air with the Zenmuse Z3 Gimbal Camera from DJI. The camera features 4K video and 12MP photo capability for crisp imagery in motion or stills and an FOV range of 92° to 35°. It is compatible with DJI aircraft, including the DJI Inspire 1, Matrice 100, or Matrice 600. When connected, it integrates with the aircraft's Lightbridge system for live HD monitoring as well as control via the GO app or dedicated controls on the Remote Controller, with a range of up to 3.1 miles.

Note: For use on compatible DJI multi-rotor aircraft only. Not compatible with Osmo handheld device.​

So I am seeing a lot of conflicting reports of people getting it to work and others are not.
I use mine on the Osmo and it works perfectly fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb