Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

This Is Scary Stuff For All Of Us!

Reaction score
Website
www.powerdronesales.com
I don't know if anyone has posted about this here on the forums yet, but this video is starting to go viral and could be the beginning of not so good news for our hobby and the RC industry. I hope they put this kid in jail!
We do not need any more bad publicity! Please comment! Some think the video is fake but none the less, It's not good for any of us honest pilots that respect the hobby!

Looks real to me & I'm sure this will like ALL other things become part of technology. Think of UAV's as computers, these are NOT going away... I mean they never took away the PC & look at all the crimes committed with the use of a PC... On the other hand, this could be very handy should you need personal protection if you were to breakdown off in the hood. In a matter of 2-3 mins. You could have 4 of these hovering around your location complete with short wave IR or thermal vision while you change you run flat tire... :)

Realistically, I can see the drone will eventually suck a casing into one of it props & it'll then loose control & flip over hitting the ground, discharging another round & killing the operator or cameraman..

Wormwood

Reactions: kookjo
that seems real to me too... matter of time this happens... military already has these kind of toys i am sure...
they always have stuff like that... in israel they print bombheads they r&d with military personel... so not really surprised... dji eventually if not already is into military design things, i am sure about that...

Reactions: Blue Bird
Agreed, however, it is highly illegal to add firearms as a payload to civilian air craft. Only the military has such permissions to do so.
my guess is that is why he is doing it in the woods and not filming him self, only the quadcopter... one can not even figure out where it is... could be rainforest...

I also regret the response this video will inevitably produce. I haven't bothered to research this or determine if there is a description of the event. However, I will say if this person was on their own private property then I don't care at all. If they want to fly a semi-auto pistol and shoot a target with it, fine by me. I certainly wouldn't advocate for their imprisonment.

Looks real to me & I'm sure this will like ALL other things become part of technology. Think of UAV's as computers, these are NOT going away... I mean they never took away the PC & look at all the crimes committed with the use of a PC... On the other hand, this could be very handy should you need personal protection if you were to breakdown off in the hood. In a matter of 2-3 mins. You could have 4 of these hovering around your location complete with short wave IR or thermal vision while you change you run flat tire... :)

Realistically, I can see the drone will eventually suck a casing into one of it props & it'll then loose control & flip over hitting the ground, discharging another round & killing the operator or cameraman..

Wormwood

100% agree with your second part regarding the accident.
Little different opinion when it comes to comperation with computers. It is hard to ban or eliminate something that is owned by majority of people ( like the computer , cellphone or car ,as a example ) and something different like UAV owned by very small group of people,because some crazy rich lobbyist, hating UAV's can become a great headache for this hobby. Even if banning UAV flying is not gonna happen , because of these incidents ,we are moving on very thin ice.
Thanks for your input.

SIMPLY TERRORISTIC!! Absolutely Insane, don't care how COOL anybody thinks it is... When that thing goes apeshit and it starts killing people, well enough said already.. Hopefully authorities are already at there door..

I also regret the response this video will inevitably produce. I haven't bothered to research this or determine if there is a description of the event. However, I will say if this person was on their own private property then I don't care at all. If they want to fly a semi-auto pistol and shoot a target with it, fine by me. I certainly wouldn't advocate for their imprisonment.
But it is not on private property. It is in the air and that fall squarely under the juridistion of the FAA. The carriage of any weapon on civilian aircraft is universally illegal.

Only in the USA would anyone attempt to justify this insane individual and the use of any guns.

But it is not on private property. It is in the air and that fall squarely under the juridistion of the FAA. The carriage of any weapon on civilian aircraft is universally illegal.

Only in the USA would anyone attempt to justify this insane individual and the use of any guns.

I was sure my opinion would not be a popular one (but figured reasonable adults can disagree). It is based on a predisposition that what one does on their own private property is their own business, presuming it is not harming anyone else. Again since I have made zero effort to learn the particulars of this story I couldn't possibly be justifying anything. I haven't bothered to read into the story because the sight of a remote control discharging a firearm does not frighten me. Will this story be used against the responsible usage of UAVs? Yes. Can that be controlled? No.

Reactions: InspiredOne
SIMPLY TERRORISTIC!! Absolutely Insane, don't care how COOL anybody thinks it is... When that thing goes apeshit and it starts killing people, well enough said already.. Hopefully authorities are already at there door..

I think this is exactly what parents of teen-aged daughters, need to have handy for show and tell, heheh (j/k)

Reactions: mdomeny
Imagine what HAS NOT MADE PUBLIC[emoji15]! Possibilities are endless, but the intent is questionable at all cost.. WHY? This IS NOT AN ARCADE GAME!! You are dealing with possibly putting allot of people and things at DANGER because of a fun IDEA[emoji15]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The military has flaws and to think an Amateur thinks they have a better thoughts and ideas is EXTREMELY INSANE! The FAA has every right to do anything to people who think this is a Good Idea, BOTTOMLINE!! Hang Em! Bad enough people act irresponsibly with firearms and to now put one in the AIR[emoji15] via communications, WTF is wrong with PEOPLE...

little paranoid thinking that the kid will go public and screw his and others lifes... i am believing in the good inside the people and you don't have to kill me for it here. what his prototype is that is dangerous period. but going all nuts because some teenie build something that "might" be or could be or possibley be is to much for my sense...
sorry guys. it is like the canadian faa searching for the teenies puting fireworks on their quad and running out into the snowfield shooting each other where absolutely and nothing but deer and wolf would have been disturbed..
the kid build something dangerous, big deal but will get his share with authoraties, that is sure.
it will not stop, neither for civilians or military. humans tend to go and go further and push and invent to get to their limits... look at alex mos cotroller for brushless gimbals the guy in litvania started as a project and is now multi millionare... its like saying a knife is a killing tool and other will say it is a tool but what you do with it is up to the person holding it... might be just spreading butter on his bread...

just my opinion and please do not try to get me wrong. i am not supporting the action.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian