Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

This seems to be getting worse

Yeah, imagine how many folks that’ll scare and the first they’ll say is “those drone things need to be banned.” A lot of those will be politicians. Hmmm. More regulations and stupid stuff to follow.

Thanks a$$hole.

Reactions: jim cook
I won't say until I speak to him face to face, which will be on Tuesday, I will be by the company that he works for.

I'll bet it'll all come out in the media as part of the investigation. Anyone a part of this should be prosecuted under the fullest extent of the law.

It will come out, just when.... Problem from what I understand for an Attorney friend of mine is there really isn't a whole lot they can do right now.

Yes he was stupid, but if they afraid of a drone you need to see what they do as far as testing during FAA certification like firing frozen Geese, Chicken's and Turkey's into many areas. I personally saw a large turbine take a frozen flock of Geese directly into a turbine and it ran for hours afterwards, restarted etc. They lock down the laws too much it is going to hurt stuff like inspections, taxi and delivery drones. Also a p4(maybe 3) slammed the rotors of a bird recently and the damage was minimal, rotors come off easily.

Man I hate it when I am up at 7 and nothing to do buy keyboard it. I want to get out on the desert.

It will come out, just when.... Problem from what I understand for an Attorney friend of mine is there really isn't a whole lot they can do right now.

Yes he was stupid, but if they afraid of a drone you need to see what they do as far as testing during FAA certification like firing frozen Geese, Chicken's and Turkey's into many areas. I personally saw a large turbine take a frozen flock of Geese directly into a turbine and it ran for hours afterwards, restarted etc. They lock down the laws too much it is going to hurt stuff like inspections, taxi and delivery drones. Also a p4(maybe 3) slammed the rotors of a bird recently and the damage was minimal, rotors come off easily.

You are missing the point. It's not about what you and I think is"ok", it's about the mainstream public and media and what they believe.

There is no "safe" means of introducing anything foreign into the flight path of any aircraft, let alone a drone. There isn't testing for drone strikes, and there shouldn't be. This is a man-made problem. One that can be avoided. Easily. Stay within the rules and fly appropriately. Dumb-a$$ maneuvers like this is what creates new knee-jerk reaction laws that restrict our freedoms. The actions of a few shouldn't cause loss of freedoms for all.

BTW, frozen birds aren't used for ingestion testing. It's an unrealistic test. Birds aren't frozen while in flight. ;)

You are missing the point. It's not about what you and I think is"ok", it's about the mainstream public and media and what they believe.

There is no "safe" means of introducing anything foreign into the flight path of any aircraft, let alone a drone. There isn't testing for drone strikes, and there shouldn't be. This is a man-made problem. One that can be avoided. Easily. Stay within the rules and fly appropriately. Dumb-a$$ maneuvers like this is what creates new knee-jerk reaction laws that restrict our freedoms. The actions of a few shouldn't cause loss of freedoms for all.

BTW, frozen birds aren't used for ingestion testing. It's an unrealistic test. Birds aren't frozen while in flight. ;)

"There is no "safe" means of introducing anything foreign into the flight path of any aircraft, let alone a drone. There isn't testing for drone strikes, and there shouldn't be. This is a man-made problem. One that can be avoided. Easily. Stay within the rules and fly appropriately. Dumb-a$$ maneuvers like this is what creates new knee-jerk reaction laws that restrict our freedoms. The actions of a few shouldn't cause loss of freedoms for all."

We agree. BTW, am well versed in aviation matters, got my commercial pilot certificate in 1976;)

Are we sure this isn’t special effects? That plane wold be going 100+ mph.

Even if fake I think it’s irresponsible. One fake stupid act can spawn real ones

As with any nascent technology the general public will almost always fight against it before accepting it and finally becoming proponents for it. That has been true for planes, automobiles, and much more. Drones are here to stay and at some point theses things will probably be robots and not piloted by people at all which is the way planes and automobiles are headed now. Enjoy them while you can because it is human involvement in any endeavor on the planet that is the danger. Guns and automobiles are here to stay and kill more people every day in the USA than any drone ever will. In fact there has not been one single recorded account of a drone killing a human being in any country anywhere. This guy will probably be hanged but technology and people being what they are, capable of both good and bad, is the rub!

Are we sure this isn’t special effects? That plane wold be going 100+ mph.

Even if fake I think it’s irresponsible. One fake stupid act can spawn real ones

IMHO yes, that video is representative of an actual closure between those two aircraft. If that's an A319/320/321 series aircraft, it would have a normal approach speed between 120-160 (or so) kts.

There is a difference in speed perception because of physical size. Consider yourself stationary watching solitary vehicles traveling perpendicular to you on an interstate highway. Does a large semi appear to be moving slower than smaller vehicles?

Unless vehicles of different size are traveling simultaneously in your field of view, it is difficult to estimate what speed they are traveling relative to each other. Visual speed estimations are difficult to determine unless you've developed a reference for that particular environment. Even then you can only determine fast or slow compared to your estimated norm.

IMHO yes, that video is representative of an actual closure between those two aircraft. If that's an A319/320/321 series aircraft, it would have a normal approach speed between 120-160 (or so) kts.

There is a difference in speed perception because of physical size. Consider yourself stationary watching solitary vehicles traveling perpendicular to you on an interstate highway. Does a large semi appear to be moving slower than smaller vehicles?

Unless vehicles of different size are traveling simultaneously in your field of view, it is difficult to estimate what speed they are traveling relative to each other. Visual speed estimations are difficult to determine unless you've developed a reference for that particular environment. Even then you can only determine fast or slow compared to your estimated norm.
I understand the perspective issue. Just hope it’s a fake

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide