Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Top speed

Reaction score
Hi guys, what top speed do you get in ATTI mode ? I get no more than 13-14 m/s in no wind conditions. All with latest firmware.

It takes awhile for the inspire to hit top speed. .I'm guessing around 100 yards..

Man that's horrible.... The one thing I love about flying or watching any other flying machine is acceleration from 0 - full speed instantaneously!!!! I might cancel my order if the inspire can't do this........

Man that's horrible.... The one thing I love about flying or watching any other flying machine is acceleration from 0 - full speed instantaneously!!!! I might cancel my order if the inspire can't do this........

Don't get me wrong. .the inspire 1 is an awesome machine. .just don't agree with people who say its like a Ferrari. .it handles well ,but I feel it's a ltitle sluggish. .I don't think thats a popular conclusion,but that's how I see it..

It definitely doesn't feel sluggish. It will toast any other ready to fly camera platform I've ever tried(which are most out there). It's not as fast as some custom built quads or hexas, but for a ready to fly, it's pretty darn quick and responsive.

Reactions: Ezookiel
Does it lose altitude at high speed? I'm planning on videoing a boat at 50 knots and about 6 to 8 meters above the sea. In ATTI mode of course. Cheers.

Does it lose altitude at high speed? I'm planning on videoing a boat at 50 knots and about 6 to 8 meters above the sea. In ATTI mode of course. Cheers.
What's that in mph for us hill billies? ? If it's close to 100 mph ..no.. get a turbo matrix I ..it fys 60 mph for more than 30 minutes. .but they're around 5 stacks and you can put a bigger more high performance camera on board. .and still fly 30 minutes or more ..they have several options from battery size to whatever you want..
the inspire 1 labors to do 50 mph..and if it's windy good luck if you think it has enough power to fly against a heavy wind..
another option would be 3dr's 8x ..it's pretty high performance. .I think they cost around 2 stacks....not sure of speed and batery run times..

What's that in mph for us hill billies? ? If it's close to 100 mph ..no.. get a turbo matrix I ..it fys 60 mph for more than 30 minutes. .but they're around 5 stacks and you can put a bigger more high performance camera on board. .and still fly 30 minutes or more ..they have several options from battery size to whatever you want..
the inspire 1 labors to do 50 mph..and if it's windy good luck if you think it has enough power to fly against a heavy wind..
another option would be 3dr's 8x ..it's pretty high performance. .I think they cost around 2 stacks....not sure of speed and batery run times..
Also the turbo matrix doesn't come with lightbridge or ground station. .so add 2 more stacks..

I've only flown dji hardware and some trainer quads ,but there isn't much difference between the phantom and the inspire 1. .I flew both of them today..the inspire 1 goes about 10 mph faster and has a more sophisticated app and it's arms raise and lower..oh it has lightbridge and a better camera. .
the phantom is very similar in flight carateristics but only goes 40mph. .but it does everything except what I just mentioned. .

I just did some research on the turbo ace. Seems very interesting. Definitely on my wish list...

I just did some research on the turbo ace. Seems very interesting. Definitely on my wish list...
It's pretty serious hardware. ..I went and visited them in orange county. .
bought a p2v+ while saving up for the turbo matrix I and since relized that when you add up all of the accessories it's hard to beat a phantom. .same camera more or less ,but with more standard features. ..
also if you want to use a bigger camera it costs more,but you get what you pay for. .
one thing dji could improve on is battery life by making big batteries like are available for some drones. .
You can check out information about the turbo matrix on rcgoups.com. .they have a thread just for turbo matrix quadcopter. .
Maybe wait a few months to see if they ugrade the motors on the inspire 1 and work out the abilty to launch off a boat. .although some seem to manage to do so already. .
The more I fly my inspire the more awesome I think it is...so if you can afford one just get it and understand that it is on the cutting edge of technology and will have some issues. ..

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions