Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Trackers

The DJI Pilot App shows the position of the Inspire 1 on your screen on a map during flight....until it flies out of range....

Sounds good but what if it does fly out of range and something goes array? Was just asking as have seen some ( I sure wish I had one on ) and was wondering if anyone was planning on adding one. If I'm lucky enough to get one a little later I bet I will put one on just as a back up if nothing else

For flyaway recovery, I plan to get the Drone Mods UAV Locator. It is just a bit heavier and (considering service plan) more expensive than the lightest, cheapest option (Trax), but actually works. I can speak from experience that the Trax system is too unreliable for practical use.

Reactions: Hawkeye74
The DJI Pilot App shows the position of the Inspire 1 on your screen on a map during flight....until it flies out of range....

Good enough for me, at 2km it's out of sight anyway. Just my thoughts. Cheers Mark

For flyaway recovery, I plan to get the Drone Mods UAV Locator. It is just a bit heavier and (considering service plan) more expensive than the lightest, cheapest option (Trax), but actually works. I can speak from experience that the Trax system is too unreliable for practical use.
Hope to see the drone mods tracker back in stock..

Marco Polo in tandem with the GPS coordinates....just being close doesn't cut it...ask me how I know....:D

Aw5,but I thought
They are back in stock...
Awesome. .I thought when you bought a drone mods tracker the first year of service is included. .checked out the website today and I believe that you need to pay an additional fee for the service plus the cost of the tracker,which puts the total at around 200.00 us....the trackimo tracker comes with one year of service included with the device for around 125.00 us..

....the trackimo tracker comes with one year of service included with the device for around 125.00 us..

The Trackimo device weighs three quarters and costs half ($99.97 direct) of the Drone-Mods device and is well reviewed on Amazon. What's not to like!!

The only downside might appear to be battery life, but let's think about that for a moment. Drone-Mods advertises up to 12 days from its 1300 mAh battery, while Trackimo claims a more realistic 48 to 72 hours fom its 600 mAh battery. Actual users have been getting a full day out of the Trackimo, which is more than adequate considering the Inspire's 18 to 22 minute flight time. If I can't find it within 24 hours of a crash or flyaway, there is no realistic chance I will locate it 12 days later.

For the range obsessed, the additional 42 grams of the Trackimo increases the Inspire 1's weight by 1.4%, decreasing flying time by 1.1% (not taking into account any additional aerodynamic drag penalties).

Looks like I'll be ordering the Trackimo instead. Now if only I could get DJI to ship an Inspire 1 to mount it on...

The Trackimo device weighs three quarters and costs half ($99.97 direct) of the Drone-Mods device and is well reviewed on Amazon. What's not to like!!

The only downside might appear to be battery life, but let's think about that for a moment. Drone-Mods advertises up to 12 days from its 1300 mAh battery, while Trackimo claims a more realistic 48 to 72 hours fom its 600 mAh battery. Actual users have been getting a full day out of the Trackimo, which is more than adequate considering the Inspire's 18 to 22 minute flight time. If I can't find it within 24 hours of a crash or flyaway, there is no realistic chance I will locate it 12 days later.

For the range obsessed, the additional 42 grams of the Trackimo increases the Inspire 1's weight by 1.4%, decreasing flying time by 1.1% (not taking into account any additional aerodynamic drag penalties).

Looks like I'll be ordering the Trackimo instead. Now if only I could get DJI to ship an Inspire 1 to mount it on...

I like the fact that the Trackimo will work outside of the U.S. (supposedly) as I travel international quite a bit. Drone -Mods you have to choose either a US based tracker or an international based tracker.

i know it's a little earlier but has anyone gave this a thought ?
I second the PET TRACKER. Recently lost a PhantomV2+ and took 4 days to recover. Will NOT be doing that again. The "find my phantom" got me close....and 4 more days of a search pattern covering several square miles of space got me the drone back. If I had had a GPS that continued to report points I would have found it much sooner.

Under $100 and $7/mo but SMALL cost compared to a Phantom with thousands into it or an Inspire that's x2 the price of the Phantom.

The Tagg GPS Plus Pet Tracker costs $184.40 to $204.40 for the hardware plus 1 year service ($89.95 purchase which includes two months, $14.95 activation fee after two months, plus a minimum of $79.50 for the remaining ten months if purchased on an annual plan basis, $99.50 if month to month). Monthly service beyond that is either $9.95 month to month, or $7.95 if you purchase service in a yearly block.

That is 84% to 104% more expensive for the hardware and 1 year service than the $99.97 Trackimo, and 59% to 99% more expensive per month beyond that for a unit that works only in the USA (Trackimo works worldwide).

The Tagg GPS Plus Pet Tracker weighs 1.3 oz (1/10th oz less than the Trackimo) and it is highly praised in the site's online reviews.

Still think I'm going to go with the Trackimo. Less than 3 grams heavier than the Tagg, or 1/1000th the weight of the Inspire 1 - not significant.

Last edited:
Don't forget to put a locator 8 on board too..if it's in a tree the locator will work up to 1000 ft (according to simon newton ) and up to 150 feet in heavy vegetation or brush. .

Try this one. If is small, light, cheap, and it is a true gps tacker . Get a pay as you go sim card and you are good to go. I got one and it works great. If you get to where it is and you don't see it you can call it and it has a pretty loud song ring tone it plays so you can listen for it. It also has a featurer if you have data on your sim it can upload its location to a web site every 1-20 minutes.

http://blog.sam-thompson.info/rf-v16-gps-tracker-guide/

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions