Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Transferring CinemaDNG and ProRes Licensing

Florida Drone Supply

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.floridadronesupply.com
Transferring your CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes licensing appears to be getting easier. You have to own 2 Inspire 2's with licensing on one of them. The process involves calling DJI, we contacted them by using their USA phone number. Before you call, have the aircraft serial numbers written down and be prepared to connect both Inspires to the Assistant 2 App. You will have to have a good reason for doing this and possibly have a bill of sale for both and be ready to share these with DJI.

This process can take a couple of days, so do not start it on a Thursday or Friday like I did especially if you have a job that requires this licensing!! You will call them and give them the info they require. They will send you an email asking for 1 additional piece of information, after that is provided they will send you an activation code for you to use when you activate your licensing in the Assistant 2 app on the new recipient aircraft. After that, start up your I2 with an SSD and SD card installed and verify that all is working.

I hope this helps and answers some questions regarding licensing transfers.

Jim

They are denying me because I bought my new i2 from a private party and did not replace it through DJI.

They are denying me because I bought my new i2 from a private party and did not replace it through DJI.
I can understand their position, but not agree with it either. As long as you can show proof of Ownership via a purchase receipt, PayPal invoice, etc it shows proof of Ownership. I personally feel that's all that's required, it's you license & your I2's.
I've purchased used DJI products and haven't experienced a problem with service, no charge repairs with proof of Ownership.... BUT, I haven't tried transferring a license. I'd argue, you might reach a receptive ear in the mgmt chain.

They denied me to do this. I just called DJI in USA regarding a situation like this where I own 2 Inspire and have the bill of sale for both, however they said the only way they can transfer the Apple ProRes license is in the event of a crash and we send the drone to them for repair and if they replace it because the crashed one cannot be repaired, then they transfer the license from the broken one to the replacement one. This is a bummer as there should be a way to do it by providing proof of purchase for both drones. But of course they don't want to do it because that means less money for them since it would be a license they cannot sell. So it is a way to force us to purchase a new license.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont