Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Transmitter shut down.

Reaction score
I've now experienced the tx losing connection with the quad. It took three tries to make the connection yesterday. Not making for a "relaxed" day of flying. I'm running current app, current firmware, and using an Air2. I have lost video signal before, only to have it return a few seconds later, but this is new. I've read about it on other forums.. Is DJI aware?

Never had a problem and use an Air 2. Are you on auto RC settings, should be much more stable with the new FW. Are you flying near radio masts etc? Maybe serious RF interference somewhere.

I've now experienced the tx losing connection with the quad. It took three tries to make the connection yesterday. Not making for a "relaxed" day of flying. I'm running current app, current firmware, and using an Air2. I have lost video signal before, only to have it return a few seconds later, but this is new. I've read about it on other forums.. Is DJI aware?

I experienced something similar, and I think it is connected with the custom video channels settings. At least in my case it happened when I was using a custom video channel, on auto setting not problem. Hopefully they will correct this bug in the next firmware/app version.

Hi, it's been sorted in the last update, much more stable.

Well, I never had problems with my Inspire, I am not sure if this is firmware related or App bug, but this Saturday it happened for the first time.
In mid flight, Pilot app changed its status from ''safe to fly gps'' to ''disconnected'' and I lost the video signal from the camera.
Funny the way it is, Inspire was still controllable from the remote, like nothing happened, so I managed to get it close to me , for a safe langing, from above 25-30 meters. While I was preparing to land, after around 10 seconds Inspire reconnected with the app, changed its status in ''safe to fly gps'' and I was able to continue my flight.

Did anyone else experienced this ?
Inspire, controller and battery were running on latest firmware 1.2.1.0, iOS app 1.0.3 running on iPad Air 2.

Did RTH activate? Are you flying near radio masts etc? Maybe serious RF interference somewhere?

Well, I moved fast and RTH was not activated, as I was in full control of the drone. Maybe serious RF interferences, I was in the center of Bucharest, over the Romanian Athenaeum, never tried to film in that location before, so I cannot compare with a previous situation.
Also the aircraft reconnected with the app after around 10 or 15 seconds.
What's interesting is that this happened on the second flight and on the first one, in the same location, same altitude, as I was trying to make a good panorama, nothing happened...
I think it is something connected with the custom/auto settings on video channels, as this was the first time I used custom and some other users complained that they experienced the same problem with the new firmware/iOS app, while running on custom video channel settings.

auto settings on video channels

Stick with auto it's much more stable now. Also wouldn't surprise me if you're getting RF interference in a major city like Bucharest. Your lucky, if it was London the police would be all over you.

Stick with auto it's much more stable now. Also wouldn't surprise me if you're getting RF interference in a major city like Bucharest. Your lucky, if it was London the police would be all over you.

I know that pretty well, I had a concert in London in 2011, at the East End Film Festival and I was almost arrested by the police, because I had a closer look at the embassy located in Belgrave Square, near the Romanian Cultural Institute (I was not planning a terrorist attack I was just impressed with the false front building that they are using in London to mask the repair procedures of old buildings, as it was not just a protected cover/banner, it looked exactly like the original front of the building).
The officers were very polite and nice with me, we clarified the problem right away, buy they informed me that once arrived in London they will have minimum 300 photos with my pretty face, as a result of their CCTV system :)
From this point of view, Bucharest is at the moment quite a drone paradise :)

p.s thanks, I will stick with the auto channels for sure.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
The firmware update automatically sets this to custom, I found out when looking for something else as my video was breaking up. Lucky I spotted it. Back on auto and video rock solid.

The firmware update automatically sets this to custom, I found out when looking for something else as my video was breaking up. Lucky I spotted it. Back on auto and video rock solid.

Did you also used an Air 2 ? Some people say it is a problem related only with Air 2, on the latest firmware/app version, if you use the custom video channels or hardware decoder on. I will make some tests in the next couple days, to verify this information.

I'm using an IPad mini 2,I have an air 2 but find it to big. Could be the cause, but how is it shutting the controller down?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44