Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Traveling with X4S camera attached

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am usually rushing from site to site, and transport my I2 in a landing mode case. I like that, because it is faster and easier to get flying when the landing gear is already in position.

My case allows the drone to be put in with the X4 camera attached, and I like the convenience of keeping the camera attached, rather than removing and reinstalling every time.

My question is, how safe is it to transport the drone with the camera attached? Is that a fault waiting to happen, is there a gimbal guard I can get, or should I play it safe and just remove it every time?

My x5s has no issues and I store mine this way. I’m sure it’s not as good but depending on the case it should be resting on some foam and should be fine

Its not going to be as safe as putting the camera in its case every time. But depending on what type of hard case you have it should be fine. We recommend GPC Cases, they are great at keeping your equipment protected.

Just my personal opinion, but I would never travel with the camera attached. Why risk damage to that expensive camera and gimbal for the sake of saving a minute of setup time? Since the camera has its own very nice protective case, I use it...every time. It literally takes 60 seconds or less to take the camera out of the case and mount it on the I2.
Again just my $.02 but I treat all my drones with as much care as possible. To me it's just not worth the risk vs reward.

Reactions: snowghost and Jmann
I damaged mine by transporting it this way, lost the I2 for a month waiting on repairs.

I was traveling from location to location on some rough country back roads and had it in the back seat of an extended cab pickup truck, with camera/gimbal attached. But not supported like the picture above. I had been traveling that way all day. Eventually At one stop later in the day where I was videoing it was unable to focus after taking to the air. Can’t recall the exact error message. Spent a long time troubleshooting with support, several days actually, until I was advised to send it in. DJI replaced a gimbal controller and some cables. It wasn’t cheap.

I believe it is also mentioned by the patron of drone-u on one of their YouTube videos as well.

I’m not doing it again.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Hi All,

I am usually rushing from site to site, and transport my I2 in a landing mode case. I like that, because it is faster and easier to get flying when the landing gear is already in position.

My case allows the drone to be put in with the X4 camera attached, and I like the convenience of keeping the camera attached, rather than removing and reinstalling every time.

My question is, how safe is it to transport the drone with the camera attached? Is that a fault waiting to happen, is there a gimbal guard I can get, or should I play it safe and just remove it every time?
I've made thousands miles with Inspire 2 sitting on back of my truck cab with X5S attached. One thing, however ... always with a towel below gimbal to damp the vibrations. No bumpy roads though. So far no issue ...

Hmm ya. I understand. I despise the time spent on "in and out" of the box. I have traveled with mine also in the back (trunk) of the car but with some rags loosely under the camera and frame. Did'nt have any problems but still feel better in the case of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla