Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Trouble with Transport Mode?

Reaction score
Is anyone out there having issues getting the Inspire back in to Transport Mode?
Either by using the controller switch (landing gear engage) or through the pilot app. I have to try several times before the aircraft will transition for storage.
Probably should be noted that I am using the "bootleg" version of the iOS app on my iPad Air 2. Could this be a potential cause?

i dont think the ios app is related to this. mine was "stuck" once, but i think the Tx was out of sync with the aircraft. i reset both (turned off and then on) and it worked. there have been posts that it needs to be a smooth surface - mine went into travel mode on the tarmac of the parking lot, but it worked pretty hard to get there - people have reported using the case

I've tried on smooth surfaces, but not the case. I'll try that next time I get to fly and see how it goes. I have even tried holding it in the air, but perhaps that can cause issues as well?

Do not hold it in the air when activating travel mode. The legs will raise to flying mode (it will not stop at travel mode and continue to raise up).

Just make sure your inspire and remote are connected (green light on the remote). I never had issue activating the travel mode on the remote.

Reactions: GenesisKnight
I've been able to get it in to Travel Mode by setting it on the case. it just really didn't want to work on the pavement for some reason. Perhaps it just could slide properly?
I'll stick with the case as it has worked 100% of the time that way.
Thanks for the info guys! Much appreciated!

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I've been able to get it in to Travel Mode by setting it on the case. it just really didn't want to work on the pavement for some reason. Perhaps it just could slide properly?
I'll stick with the case as it has worked 100% of the time that way.
Thanks for the info guys! Much appreciated!

The ridges on case got in my way. I do think there are some quirks with this that need to be ironed out. I can only put quad back into transport mode through the app. Toggling the switch just keeps moving back and forth between landing and flying mode. Also, it is very picky about where you put it down. Absolutely has to have a smooth surface.

Is anyone out there having issues getting the Inspire back in to Transport Mode?
Either by using the controller switch (landing gear engage) or through the pilot app. I have to try several times before the aircraft will transition for storage.
Probably should be noted that I am using the "bootleg" version of the iOS app on my iPad Air 2. Could this be a potential cause?
I carry a small piece of poster board 5"x7" and place it on the ground underneath the bottom camera/sensors. That seems to do the trick.

Instead of using the sensors, maybe DJI could use a different method of determining when the bird is in travel position (eg. calculating the # of servo turns from lowered landing gear position). They might be making it harder than it needs to be, in my humble opinion.

Just got mine and haven't even turned it on yet. Probably a silly question, but does it need to be in travel / transport mode to fit back into the case? Thanks.

Just got mine and haven't even turned it on yet. Probably a silly question, but does it need to be in travel / transport mode to fit back into the case? Thanks.
Jre, you will have to put it back in travel mode. I find it easiest to set it on the case to do this. Make sure you take off the camera first!!!
Then you can either tell it to into travel through the app or by flicking the landing gear switch 4 or 5 times.

I have been using one of the manuals which came with the inspire. Throw it underneath the sensor and it works every time.

I found that it doesn't like black surfaces like car boot carpet or so. If I put something lighter colour under it works fine.

See this is why I love this forum that's the kind of stuff that happens to me . Had I not seen this post it probably would have happened to it so thank you.

I started to have the same problem after firmware upgrade to the latest version. Before that i had no issues with transport mode.

Mine once in a while will go down too far and bottom out on my work table. They only thing I can think of is there is a recessed area on my table in the middle and does the sensor on the bottom of the I1 control where it stops?

You mention "bootleg version" Is there some advantage to using this bootleg app? I'm not sure that I'd feel comfortable using an app that has had code lines edited, if that's the case.

Last edited:
You mention "bootleg version" Is there some advantage to using this bootleg app? I'm not sure that I'd feel comfortable using an app that has had code lines edited, if that the case.
No - this was 10 months ago!

No problems but I do lift the i1 ever so slightly as it starts entering Travel Mode. My i1 has rubber feet so the feet grip. The thought of those bare feet scraping is too much to bear!

If you upgrade to x5 plate an leg risers I changed the settings of the legs . One Allen on each leg under sticker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207