Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TSA

Houston to newark

Crap......that must have seriously pissed you off especially being domestic.
So, so.... Where do your batteries reside now? In some TSA officials locker waiting until he goes home to add to his Inspire infantry?

Can you give some more details of reasons why....what was said etc?

@slim.slamma - can you elaborate on your previous comments? If the TSA official simply stated 'No Lithium Batteries allowed' they would have had to confiscate everybodies laptop who was boarding your flight. In addition to this, nobody would be allowed a camcorder or camera on board. Kids carrying games or tablets would have all been crying because they would have been swiped from their sweaty little hands.

What was the exchange between yourself and the TSA official? Did you escalate it or question the accuracy?

Thanks

"There are no applicable restrictions when traveling with 4500mAh (99.90Wh) batteries. However, you usually cannot carry more than two 5700mAh (129.96Wh) batteries on an airplane. For more information, contact the regulatory body with jurisdiction in your region." - DJI Website

That was one of the deciding factors that went into my decision to purchase the 4500 mAh as spares. Can't carry them in numbers and can't check them. I doubt the TSA agent today though knew the difference between the two!

Last edited:
Oh i questioned them. TSA made a final decision no lithium batteries and it escalated because i was pissed and knew they was wrong. Like o said this was my return flight i dont live in houston. But i couldnt do nothing

So you got on a flight (domestic, I assume) and left $1200 worth of batteries on the TSA table? Why didn't you leave on a later flight and arrange to ship the batteries via Fedex or UPS? The re-booking fees couldn't have been close to $1200. Unless I had no choice for personal reasons, I would never leave that much money on the table.

Regardless, you have a valid complaint against the HOU TSA office, and I would pursue the matter via a government ombudsman.

Reactions: catware
Oh yea pilot's they will also force you to check you suitcase even tho it actually fits in the overhead compartment. I managed to get mines on board both times. But... 1200 down the drain on batteries now i can't even get in contact with the airport for a friend to pick them up. Just my experience be careful people traveling with your baby. Im hurting inside right now.
Hey slim..
sorry you ran into a jerk and felt he racial profiled you .. I wish this type of thing wouldn't happen. ..
I get it too,but in another form..
Looks like you were loaded for bear with all those batteries! !
If for some reason you don't get them back I could give you one of my tb47's.. let me know brother. .
turbo. .

Reactions: Ferdi and flydogs
Hey would it work to put them in lithium (lipo) bags and put them in checked bags? Or is that considered worse? I am going to do a shoot with my inspire (OMG IT ARRIVED TODAY!!!) in about 2-3 weeks in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Would be terrible if my two 48s n one 47 were taken from me on the way there or back.

What is the best way to fly with em to be safe and avoid any problems with TSA? Anyone have a link to the right size Lipo bags on Amazon or eBay?

I use large lipo bags when transporting mine. I keep them out of the bag for tsa because the bags say danger all over them. I just put them in before boarding. I ALWAYS use lipo bags even for storage in my garage. Look on YouTube what they can do. Scary stuff to just leave at home.

I use large lipo bags when transporting mine. I keep them out of the bag for tsa because the bags say danger all over them. I just put them in before boarding. I ALWAYS use lipo bags even for storage in my garage. Look on YouTube what they can do. Scary stuff to just leave at home.

I keep all my lipo's safely tucked under my wife's pillow at night!

Oh yea pilot's they will also force you to check you suitcase even tho it actually fits in the overhead compartment. I managed to get mines on board both times. But... 1200 down the drain on batteries now i can't even get in contact with the airport for a friend to pick them up. Just my experience be careful people traveling with your baby. Im hurting inside right now.

$1200.00 in batteries down the drain! Man i would have missed the flight and shipped them. Crazy! Why would you just walk away from that?????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baie Car