Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Two days of ownership

Reaction score
Hello all,

On Tuesday I received my I2 package, hand selected from B&H and DJI. I’m already hooked on flying and looking forward to more.

Looking forward to gaining your acquired wisdom. Kind of wish I had before I splashed out.... dreading finding out something I thought was the way to go secretly sucks.

If you're new to flying, my STRONG advice would be to practice on a $100 drone. Those are actually HARDER to fly and will really hone your skills. Bonus points for flying it around the house. Prop guards a must.

Good luck!

D

As recommended, get a cheaper drone to learn basic maneuvers. Spend some time using simulators to learn orientation, if you don’t know what I’m talking about, you shouldn’t be risking your expensive I2, it may seem easy with the GPS, but if you lose signal and drop into ATTI mode, you’ll be watching it crash...

Thanks for the advice, friends.

Assuming I am the obstinate sort, any advice about actually flying/owning the I2?

(PS I did get prop guards, but this far haven’t strapped them on).

Thanks for the advice, friends.

Assuming I am the obstinate sort, any advice about actually flying/owning the I2?

(PS I did get prop guards, but this far haven’t strapped them on).

My apologies for being unclear. I meant prop guards for your $100 drone if you fly it inside the house. Invariably you will run into a wall or a lamp. The prop guards not only insure against damage of delicate household decor, but insures your day isn't arrested by a mere tap on a wall.

Regarding prop guards on your I2....as long as they don't impede performance, I see no reason why not. However, it has been my experience that prop guards DO tend to impede performance a little bit.

D

Reactions: egg films
Performance impedance is exactly why I haven’t put them on yet. Plus I am really just flying it in an empty park space, keeping it in line of sight, and getting used to seeing that much money floating around.

Performance impedance is exactly why I haven’t put them on yet. Plus I am really just flying it in an empty park space, keeping it in line of sight, and getting used to seeing that much money floating around.

My advice wasn't for the purpose of protecting the public. My advice was for the purpose of protecting your investment....<;^)

When things go South, and eventually they will, nothing beats good pilot skills.

Good luck.

D

Reactions: egg films
Even something like the eachine e010 is great to learn to fly. Small, cheap and ducted props to protect everything around it. Take these small and unintelligent quads, learn to hover, learn to fly and have fun with your I2!

So a couple weeks in, no smaller drone, no crashes.

Figure eights are great advice! I’m starting to get the hang of piloting for camera— became a lot easier when I put the Cendence on a tripod.

I’ve taken some practice tests for my part 107 and score well— some of my clients are already eager for drone footage but I don’t want to cheat at all, so I’m putting them off.

Thanks everyone!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44