Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

tx antenna positioning

That is the important part that people tend to miss. The antennas need to be vertical not at an angle if you want to maximize signal strength.

Reactions: Funnone
My Camera Op keep complaining about poor signal and I keep looking at him and stating the same thing over and over, fix your antennas so they are straight up and down and parallel to each other as well as the flat side pointing at the copter. And he keeps saying, oh ya, that fixed the issue

My Camera Op keep complaining about poor signal and I keep looking at him and stating the same thing over and over, fix your antennas so they are straight up and down and parallel to each other as well as the flat side pointing at the copter. And he keeps saying, oh ya, that fixed the issue

Sounds like my camera op in training.. He's new to this stuff but this is one of the hardest thing to drill into him.. oh well he is great on the sticks.

Soooo, just to be sure I understand, you guys are saying that the antenna should be unfolded completely, so that they are pointing straight out with no bend in them and basically the flat sides are then pointing straight up? Is this correct?

I
Soooo, just to be sure I understand, you guys are saying that the antenna should be unfolded completely, so that they are pointing straight out with no bend in them and basically the flat sides are then pointing straight up? Is this correct?

I believe it's straight "up" not "out". Flat part pointing out towards quad.

Jeez somebody just post a photo of how the antennas should be oriented.

All this talk about "straight out" and "straight up" is very ambiguous. Pictures are worth a 1000 words, and probably 10,000 confusing words.

Ok. Cool! Thanks for the picture. This seems opposite of what my mind would think they should be pointing, so I'm glad I asked. I think I had them wrong. My screen would do this refresh thing where a line would go down the screen and yesterday I had the picture completely drop out.

Jeez somebody just post a photo of how the antennas should be oriented.

You just need them vertical. So straight up and in the 45° detent that is conveniently built in to compensate for the angle you'll likely be holding the radio at (and it clears them from the tablet).

Ummmmm...bit of a necro thread this one - 15 months old.
However,can't argue with telling people to RTFM before doing anything.
Will people listen though?......... :rolleyes:

Lol, :D Yeah, I knew it was an old post but people do read old posts while looking for answers.

It just baffles me how people will ask questions before looking in the manuals. :confused:

I like RTFM :D Good one! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop