Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK UK CAA PFAW wait times

Mine was submitted on my behalf by Resource Group on 22 Jul and I received email notification of my successful application direct from the CAA on 10 Aug. That's 11 working days. I was emailed a copy of my PFAW on 15 Aug with hopefully a copy in the post next week.

Just under the 10 working days for me, they have definately got their act together with this now, when I first went on the course with Euro USC I was dreading the ridiculous amount of time from submission to getting the PFAW.

I have received email confirmation of my PFAW and a poor copy of the paperwork via email. Should I expect a hardcopy of the PFAW from the CAA as a legal copy?

Unfortunately, that is all you get, a bit dissapointing as the ID card you get with EuroUSC, even though it is of little importance, actually feels a bit more official. If anyone questions anything out in the field, it would be nice to show a face to a permit rather than a scanned document.

Reactions: Scotflieger
The EuroUsc card is only needed to gain your PFAW to show you are a competent pilot to the CAA. You will be asked to renew it annually by EuroUSC along with copious amount of paperwork and a payment
All of which is not required by the CAA so be warned!! They only require a current ops manual and proof of 2 hours flight in the past couple of months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The EuroUsc card is only needed to gain your PFAW to show you are a competent pilot to the CAA. You will be asked to renew it annually by EuroUSC along with copious amount of paperwork and a payment
All of which is not required by the CAA so be warned!! They only require a current ops manual and proof of 2 hours flight in the past couple of months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely correct - EuroUSC are still up to their money grabbing ways then!

Thanks all.

Renewal some time away.

My PFAW was done through my training provider who made it seem it was a black art.

Just want to do it myself when the time comes and cut out the middle man!!

Do not want anything back saying I have not crossed the ts or dotted the is.....

Hi all,
Just signed up to forum.
I have my PFAW and it will be up for renewal soon. From reading threads, I assume one does not have to go through Eurousc to renew my PFAW? I want to add the Inspire 1 to my PFAW......do I just add its spec to the back of my Ops manual......or do I have to create a new Ops manual?
All replies greatly appreciated
Mike

Hi all,
Just signed up to forum.
I have my PFAW and it will be up for renewal soon. From reading threads, I assume one does not have to go through Eurousc to renew my PFAW? I want to add the Inspire 1 to my PFAW......do I just add its spec to the back of my Ops manual......or do I have to create a new Ops manual?
Mike
HI Mike
Welcome to the forum. I have only recently received my PFAW but from my Ground School I understand that you will need to include any changes to your Ops Manual, new or amended FRCs and a systems specification specific to the Inspire 1. These correspond to the revised CAP722 Mar 15, Vol 1, FRCs and Vol 2 respectively. From the posts here about Eurousc you may be wise to go direct to the CAA. You may wish to update your documents to the new template.

Reactions: The Editor
HI Mike
Welcome to the forum. I have only recently received my PFAW but from my Ground School I understand that you will need to include any changes to your Ops Manual, new or amended FRCs and a systems specification specific to the Inspire 1. These correspond to the revised CAP722 Mar 15, Vol 1, FRCs and Vol 2 respectively. From the posts here about Eurousc you may be wise to go direct to the CAA. You may wish to update your documents to the new template.
Thanks for that.
I have renewed my membership with Eurousc, just that whatever you do through them costs an arm and a leg!! They were trying to persuade me to follow their new Ops format template but I refused and just updated my insurance info and some updated regs.

Hi all,
Just signed up to forum.
Mike
No new ops manual needed but you will have to incorporate the Inspire specs into the manual along with specific checklists and references to maintenance pertinent to the aircraft.
It is also worth mentioning that only one aircraft will be airborne at any one time (unless you have specic permissions for multiple aircraft in use and your insurance covers multiple flights simultaneously).
You will also need to give aircraft specifics and Serial numbers to your insurers.

No new ops manual needed but you will have to incorporate the Inspire specs into the manual along with specific checklists and references to maintenance pertinent to the aircraft.
It is also worth mentioning that only one aircraft will be airborne at any one time (unless you have specic permissions for multiple aircraft in use and your insurance covers multiple flights simultaneously).
You will also need to give aircraft specifics and Serial numbers to your insurers.
Would I just start a new section at the back of my manual to incorporate the Inspire?.......or do I just trawl through the manual amending all so that both craft are covered in their respective operations? My current PFAW covers a DJI Phantom 2.
To me it seems the manual would be confusing if both UAV's are covered at the same time through out the manual? A separate section at the back of the original manual covering the Inspire makes sense?............doesn't it?
Many thanks for that all noted. I am so glad I came across this site!!!

Would I just start a new section at the back of my manual to incorporate the Inspire?.......or do I just trawl through the manual amending all so that both craft are covered in their respective operations? My current PFAW covers a DJI Phantom 2.
To me it seems the manual would be confusing if both UAV's are covered at the same time through out the manual? A separate section at the back of the original manual covering the Inspire makes sense?............doesn't it?
Frankly, it is your manual. I suggest you only keep general details together where appropriate. The aircraft specific I would keep separate as you may at some time stop using your first aircraft type and add a third.

It all depends how your manual is structured/written.
You MAY be able to get away with it as an addendum or you may need to file another version number.
You will have to say that "XYZ Ltd" operates 'x' number of aircraft etc and you will no doubt have different checklists (pre, and post) for the Inspire.
Additionally you may have differing emergency procedures and boldface actions depending on aircraft and you may have a payload operator for the Inspire (or you may like to write in the option) which is not relevant for any Phantom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo