Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ultimate Crash Video Thread

That hurts my heart...
But I did LOL when that lady jumped out of the bushes to give a dramatic scream. Thank God it didn't hit her!
Scary stuff.

I will say that the sound of that thing hitting that garage door made me appreciate that the I1 is one pretty heavy character. I would not want one of those hitting me at any speed. I think it could do me some serious damage.

Wow, that is terrible. At least two other pilots in the YouTube thread state that the same thing happened to them. I wonder if it is a problem with the pattern recognition for holding position? In any case, that is a significant dent put into the garage door -- these things have a lot of kinetic energy.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I just noticed that his props were not all black but appeared black and white. Are there stock black and white props? Could this have been the reason he had his problem?

It's glare. Outside of what looks to be a problem with that auto take off, you need to have your fingers on the sticks ready to correct anything. Either he didn't even try, or he did but did it wrong. But man, that's kamikaze right there. :eek::confused:

Posted over at rcgroups by a DJI rep:

"We have found out the cause of these cases.
Not a pilot error. It is a bug relative to the IMU.
We will release a safety guide on this.
In general, check the IMU data which the MOD of the accelerometer should be about 1.00 with 0.01 tolerance. Otherwise calibration needed.

New firmware is under testing and will be released soon to fix the bug.
Sorry for that."

So, check your mod values guys.

Sorry OP, but autopilot or pilot error, it looks to me like it didn't have much time to spin up the props to full throttle and as a result it pitched forward.

I've seen it happen and done it myself with other quads. I personaly think the craft did exactly what was required of it.

Why would you use an auto takeoff feature in the first place? Let alone 30 feet from the front of your house?

Was this a first-time flight?

Seems like we need one of these, right? Let's put any crash video in this thread.

I have used auto takeoff several times, never had a problem, we have the same firmware all together. guaranteed many useless drone pilots and pilot error.

Sorry OP, but autopilot or pilot error, it looks to me like it didn't have much time to spin up the props to full throttle and as a result it pitched forward.

I've seen it happen and done it myself with other quads. I personaly think the craft did exactly what was required of it.

Why would you use an auto takeoff feature in the first place? Let alone 30 feet from the front of your house?

Was this a first-time flight?

No clue. Not me or my inspire, just found it on YouTube. DJI says it was a mod value but and they are going to be releasing a firmware fix soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool