Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unable to activate new Osmo

Reaction score
When I try and activate Osmo by logging into my DJI account I keep getting a "No network available" message even though I use the same internet connection that I am using on this computer. I use a portable wifi hotspot on a Samsung Galaxy phone.
I have tried using my tablet in conjunction with the portable hotspot and message from that says " you have to disconnect from the Osmo and connect to the internet", which I have done repeatedly over a period of many hours, but still get the same message.
Any time I connect to the internet for any other reason, connection is fine. Any clues would be most helpful.

When I try and activate Osmo by logging into my DJI account I keep getting a "No network available" message even though I use the same internet connection that I am using on this computer. I use a portable wifi hotspot on a Samsung Galaxy phone.
I have tried using my tablet in conjunction with the portable hotspot and message from that says " you have to disconnect from the Osmo and connect to the internet", which I have done repeatedly over a period of many hours, but still get the same message.
Any time I connect to the internet for any other reason, connection is fine. Any clues would be most helpful.
This is the bazaar thing with the OSMO. The OSMO requires the wifi to connect to your device so that the wifi is not available to connect to the internet. This requires your phone to be connected to 3G or 4G to get the necessary internet connection for the registration.

This is the bazaar thing with the OSMO. The OSMO requires the wifi to connect to your device so that the wifi is not available to connect to the internet. This requires your phone to be connected to 3G or 4G to get the necessary internet connection for the registration.
Thanks for the prompt reply. So how do I actually do that.
My phone and tablet save the Osmo wi fi identifyer and I disconnect from the Osmo, as per message instruction, then reconnect to the internet and get "blocked". Does the Osmo have to be connected via wi fi at the same time as I am attempting to connect to the internet?

Last edited:
I had to do the switch back and forth during the activation process.
Turn on OSMO, start Go App, Fill in your info as the app retains this information. Once ready to activate, leave the app running along with the OSMO, go to wifi settings and reconnect to Internet. The app will tell you this. You should get the prompts to log into your account. Once logged in click on activate. That's it. Reconnect the app to the OSMO via the wifi, then enter camera view. It worked for me, but some have taken time to get the concept.
Good luck! :cool:

I had to do the switch back and forth during the activation process.
Turn on OSMO, start Go App, Fill in your info as the app retains this information. Once ready to activate, leave the app running along with the OSMO, go to wifi settings and reconnect to Internet. The app will tell you this. You should get the prompts to log into your account. Once logged in click on activate. That's it. Reconnect the app to the OSMO via the wifi, then enter camera view. It worked for me, but some have taken time to get the concept.
Good luck! :cool:
Thanks very much, have managed to activate. I did get as far as the prompts to log into my account but that's where it jammed on me until I went to a free wifi site at the local library.
I should have been born 40 years later !!!!! but then I would have missed out on the peace & quiet before TV,mobile phones, internet etc. and the fun of UAV video photography. Wouldn't mind missing out on the frustration sometimes of RCs having to go back to DJI.

Why does it even have to be activated to ones DJI account? Whats the purpose of that?

So what if i want to sell it later on, will it be tied to my DJI account, just like when you buy a used Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 that has been activated to someone else's account you can not change the name of the drone a second time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk