Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unable to download / activate unlocking license, Inspire 2

Reaction score
I used to have a menu option for “unlocking license” in DJI Go4 for my Inspire 2, but it appears to be missing and I have to fly in a red zone in two days. I’m using the current version of DJI Go4 on a Crystal Sky with my Inspire 2. Any tips?

I have done this successfully multiple times before, but this is the first time the menu option has been missing. Thanks in advance.

Dave

I ceased using the GO4 app to create unlocking requests. I do them all on my desk computer days ahead. Then when you fly, the unlocking authorizations should be there waiting for you to simply activate. That said, in my experience, the red zones are not self unlocking like the blue areas. They require a lot more hassle and time and permissions from DJI to do the unlock. Also, I ran into a significant problem recently with my I2 unable to fly in an area where I had FAA authorization AND DJI approval (unlock). But still my I2 was glued to the ground. Turns out that the solution was that you need to totally log out of DJI on your CrystalSky and then log back in (not a reboot, but a logout). Then GO4 re-syncs the database during the login, and it will work. I still contend that DJI needs to dump their geo-junk and let professional and FAA certified pilots simply fly their purchased equipment per FAA regs, instead of controlling our flights with often out of sync geo-junk. Too often it does not match the FAA LAANC maps. Good luck....

I've run into similar problems.

My answer was: Buy an Autel Evo II as a back-up (no geo-fencing restrictions) PLUS via Drone-hacks.com, hack one of my two Mavic's so that I can use it without going through the DJI nanny state permission machine.

Hacking the Mavic worked. That was my test to see if I want to hack my Inspire 2.

You can always go back to the non-hacked version by upgrading the firmware.

Since we all have licenses and are professionals, I don't see any reason to have to go through a second set of permission that may or may not work.

I won't fly my drones illegally, and I need to complete a job, especially when I have FAA permission to fly.

Looking for alternatives to DJI. Still thinking about the ASTRO and the SONY AIRPEAK (if they ever get the batteries up to 15 minutes)

Reactions: jmaganaski
I've run into similar problems.

My answer was: Buy an Autel Evo II as a back-up (no geo-fencing restrictions) PLUS via Drone-hacks.com, hack one of my two Mavic's so that I can use it without going through the DJI nanny state permission machine.

Hacking the Mavic worked. That was my test to see if I want to hack my Inspire 2.

You can always go back to the non-hacked version by upgrading the firmware.

Since we all have licenses and are professionals, I don't see any reason to have to go through a second set of permission that may or may not work.

I won't fly my drones illegally, and I need to complete a job, especially when I have FAA permission to fly.

Looking for alternatives to DJI. Still thinking about the ASTRO and the SONY AIRPEAK (if they ever get the batteries up to 15 minutes)
I agree 100%, except the autel backup. I did the same to my M2P and my I2, now I just fly. I get my permissions from the FAA, got my 107, my insurance, I don't see a legal reason I can’t just bypass DJI’s nonsense, and fly legally, and with common sense.

I used to have a menu option for “unlocking license” in DJI Go4 for my Inspire 2, but it appears to be missing and I have to fly in a red zone in two days. I’m using the current version of DJI Go4 on a Crystal Sky with my Inspire 2. Any tips?

I have done this successfully multiple times before, but this is the first time the menu option has been missing. Thanks in advance.

Dave
I've had the same problem but solved it - you need to be signed into your DJI account, then everything works as it should

yeah, I was just having the issue where I you do the license through the website, it shows up in GO4 (on crystal Sky), transfers to the craft, then when you try to click to turn it on under the AIRCRAFT tab, it keeps saying something like "user not authenticated"
I had to log all the way out, restart the controller, log back in, then it showed that it had already been turned on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla