Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unable to establish home point

Reaction score
Currently, my i1 is back at DJI after tx firmware update failed, following successful AC update. I only have had my "robocop-ter" a month and I'm "jones-ing" to get it back. 3-4 weeks estimated turn around seems like an eternity. Anyhooo, while I'm waiting, I want to know why I have never been able to establish a "home point", even before firmware up[date disaster.
Neither static or dynamic home points ever would register, rendering the RTH button non-functional (obviously) and the App repeatedly indicating "unable to establish fail-safe mode" (also intuitively expected) every time I tried to do so. Otherwise it operated beautifully for many flights until update issues. It's just that, being my first drone... period, it's a little un-nerving to say the least not to know there is a "panic button" (essentially) if everything unravels. Let's just say I didn't want to push the range envelope. Am I missing something basic here?

Dave,
I have found that the home point will not set until the actual props are turning.
I spent ages trying to establish the home point whilst the inspire was sitting waiting as soon as I started the engines it worked.
Maybe it will work for you?
Cheers

Dave,
I have found that the home point will not set until the actual props are turning.
I spent ages trying to establish the home point whilst the inspire was sitting waiting as soon as I started the engines it worked.
Maybe it will work for you?
Cheers
Correct..... Home Point will only register once the motors are fired up. Then it will auto set or you are able to set it manually.

I am experiencing this issue, but am able to get the home point to set once the I1 is off the ground.

However, the RTH altitude sets to the current altitude of the I1 when I set the home point instead of the 40M I have set in the Failsafe settings.

What am I doing wrong here? Why is there a failsafe RTH altitude in the menu?

Thank you gentlemen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido