Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unscheduled landing

It looks like you have a bad cell in the battery and the Brain shut power off to your Inspire motors instead of letting the battery hurt itself even more. I could be wrong.

Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 3.04.27 PM.png

Reactions: ringolong
I guess DJI will have to decipher it, I hope it's ok if I keep this thread open to communicate my experience, You guys ROCK!

It looks like you have a bad cell in the battery and the Brain shut power off to your Inspire motors instead of letting the battery hurt itself even more. I could be wrong.

Thats the same conclusion I came up with.

DJI needs to fix that! Highly unacceptable! RTH on dying cell, not drop the bird!

So now to see if DJI will replace the craft and the Olympus lens, I had such high hopes for this UAV especially being a "Pro" but if it's not reliable enough to remain airborne everything else is a moot selling point.

If you use a paid subscription from Healthy Drones they monitor all your batteries by serial number.
I'm thinking the app should have given me some indication if that were the problem, However I registered 52% battery at the time of the crash, I'm no expert but I hope that slight a deviation in one cell would not be that catastrophic.

Wasn't this something that was built into the last update to lessen the effect of cold weather on the batteries? It still doesn't explain/excuse the bird dropping out of the sky though...

Wasn't this something that was built into the last update to lessen the effect of cold weather on the batteries? It still doesn't explain/excuse the bird dropping out of the sky though...
I live in Miami, 82 degrees outside, Maybe one of those trained eagles attacked it rofl!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkaur