Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unscheduled landing

Nor should it have affected Phantoms but they did. The increased drag on decent caused an envelope of dead air to form below the props and caused the aircraft's to go into VRS. Most pilots would not have a clue or react quickly enough to get out of a VRS state and so they crashed.
And clueless I was! I guess that will give DJI their way out as I will readily admit I use them. Thank you!

Should be receiving RMA via email today, was asked to send I1 Pro and Master Remote, no third party lenses (Zoom lens) but I'm sending it anyway, Props, SD Cards etc..
Im thinking you guys probably don't want this much info on the other hand its a chance to learn about DJI's Analysis and customer support procedures.
To: The Editor, Im not anxious to run afoul of you again so If you'd prefer I don't detail every step and communication I won't.
Also I'm not out to get DJI or denigrate them in any way, so far all of my dealings with them have been very professional and I have no reason to think otherwise.
Rev. Al will not be involved in this process!
(relax those sphincters it's ok to laugh)!

Should be receiving RMA via email today, was asked to send I1 Pro and Master Remote, no third party lenses (Zoom lens) but I'm sending it anyway, Props, SD Cards etc..
Im thinking you guys probably don't want this much info on the other hand its a chance to learn about DJI's Analysis and customer support procedures.
To: The Editor, Im not anxious to run afoul of you again so If you'd prefer I don't detail every step and communication I won't.
Also I'm not out to get DJI or denigrate them in any way, so far all of my dealings with them have been very professional and I have no reason to think otherwise.
Rev. Al will not be involved in this process!
(relax those sphincters it's ok to laugh)!
Hey - no problem at all. If you want to diary your experience with DJI (good or bad) feel free.
Don't forget, I do not work for DJI or have any affiliation with them. :)

Well she's off by FedEx to that big Drone heaven in California, They posit approximately 2-3 weeks but I won't be holding my breath.
I'm sure I'll get a response like,

Dear Mac Dyver,
After close analysis of your craft it has been determined that the nut responsible for the operation of your UAV was maladjusted!

Well she's off by FedEx to that big Drone heaven in California, They posit approximately 2-3 weeks but I won't be holding my breath.
I'm sure I'll get a response like,

Dear Mac Dyver,
After close analysis of your craft it has been determined that the nut responsible for the operation of your UAV was maladjusted!

I admire your sense of humor about it.

Reactions: SanCap
There is no reason why they can't be used way beyond that.
As long as they are reguarly inspected closely and do not suffer a strike, surface damage or are not flexed beyond their design spec the props can be good for many more hours. 100 hours is not unreasonable which is where I replace mine if there has been no issues identified.
My maintenance schedule itemises bearing replacement at 100 hours (or sooner if necessary) and that's where I also do my prop replacements unless done sooner.
At the end of the day, props are very cheap for the Inspire and whatever you feel comfortable with is fine.

Where can you purchase the bearings for these motors?

Where can you purchase the bearings for these motors?
Almost anywhere (that sells bearings).
They are Standard dia: 5x11x5 (Bore 5mm, OD 11mm Width 5mm). bearings or 685zz.
Have a search on the forum as this has been covered previously. :)

Reactions: ringolong
I check my props before and after every mission. ... Once I get home I examine the hub's for stress cracks using a torch/flashlight before packing them away in the case...

If memory serves me correctly, you gave this piece of advice nearly a year ago (maybe longer), although it was not as well explained as it was here.

At that time, I tried inspecting my props using a torch. :confused: It kept melting them!

If anyone who checked out the link at healthy drones noticed my crafts name is Anastasia, named after my daughter a Marine who died in 2012. Today she would have been 30, without a sense of humor I'd lose my mind. That's her in the picture.

I am truly sorry to hear about your daughter. She and her parents made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Indeed, "thank you" is of little consolation. But know that my family and I genuinely appreciate your daughter's service and sacrifice, as well as yours!

If anyone who checked out the link at healthy drones noticed my crafts name is Anastasia, named after my daughter a Marine who died in 2012. Today she would have been 30, without a sense of humor I'd lose my mind. That's her in the picture.
Sorry about your daughter. :-(

Concerning your Inspire 1 I am sorry for the crash. Every time I see another crashed Inspire 1 I get more nervous flying mine. For such an advanced craft with Gps, they seem to crash a lot.

One thing I would like to mention is your prop guards. I zoomed in on your picture and it looks like the ones I bought. When fitted they were so very close to the props. 3 were 5mm from the props and 1 was only 2mm. I tested indoors and noticed that with both the flex in the props and the guards that they actually touched. 2 had noticeable scratches left on the props and guards so I know for sure they touched. I can only imagine at full throttle what damage they could cause. Even if you lost the tip of 1 prop would be enough to cause severe imbalance in the craft.

Obviously I'm not saying that is what happened but maybe you could check what's left of the guards and see if you notice the scratches?

I fixed my guards by heating them with water from a kettle and bent them. Once cooled they are all 15mm from the props and zero chance of hitting any more.

Good luck with your repair.

Kind regards

John

There is no reason why they can't be used way beyond that.
As long as they are reguarly inspected closely and do not suffer a strike, surface damage or are not flexed beyond their design spec the props can be good for many more hours. 100 hours is not unreasonable which is where I replace mine if there has been no issues identified.
My maintenance schedule itemises bearing replacement at 100 hours (or sooner if necessary) and that's where I also do my prop replacements unless done sooner.
At the end of the day, props are very cheap for the Inspire and whatever you feel comfortable with is fine.
What do you use to pull the bearings? Whose bearings do you use, I was looking a Boca bearings ....
thanks,
steve t

What do you use to pull the bearings? Whose bearings do you use, I was looking a Boca bearings ....
thanks,
steve t
I have an old (but good) miniature bearing puller which are not made any more but there are alternatives available that will get the job done without destroying anything.
Something like this.... LRP Works Team Bearing Puller | RC Racer - The home of RC racing on the web

Boca are a good choice, go for the hybrid ceramic or if you really feel like a bit of luxury go fully ceramic but they are costly but will wear less and run cooler.

Reactions: SteveT1
I have an old (but good) miniature bearing puller which are not made any more but there are alternatives available that will get the job done without destroying anything.
Something like this.... LRP Works Team Bearing Puller | RC Racer - The home of RC racing on the web

Boca are a good choice, go for the hybrid ceramic or if you really feel like a bit of luxury go fully ceramic but they are costly but will wear less and run cooler.
Thanks, just ordered the puller, bearings are next

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frem1962