Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Upgrade v1 to v2

Reaction score
Website
www.flysafe.club
Okay grown ups can someone tell me is there a kit to upgrade my poor Inspire v1 to a v2 or even is it worth it?

I'm planning to invest some cash in a few bits as I've cancelled my Boy Racer Mavic drone... Or as some would call it the Drone to ban all drones.... :(

Okay grown ups can someone tell me is there a kit to upgrade my poor Inspire v1 to a v2 or even is it worth it?

I'm planning to invest some cash in a few bits as I've cancelled my Boy Racer Mavic drone... Or as some would call it the Drone to ban all drones.... :(
No and......no.
No 'Ready to install' kit and No, it really isn't worth it.
The only thing that is probably worth upgrading is the gimbal mount as the V2 has a larger footprint and better suspension (compression) system which mechanically stabilises the camera better than the original V1 narrow mount.
'Uprated' motors are not worth it as the negligible KV increase is not noticable at all in real world use.

Here's one place that does the gimbal mount but they are readily available.
DJI Zenmuse X5 Part 2 - Vibration Absorbing Board for DJI Inspire 1 – Marionville Models

No and......no.
No 'Ready to install' kit and No, it really isn't worth it.
The only thing that is probably worth upgrading is the gimbal mount as the V2 has a larger footprint and better suspension (compression) system which mechanically stabilises the camera better than the original V1 narrow mount.
'Uprated' motors are not worth it as the negligible KV I crease is not noticable at all in real world use.
So assuming I get a bargain on a X5 you'd suggest a better Gimbal Mount?

So assuming I get a bargain on a X5 you'd suggest a better Gimbal Mount?
I'd get the mount anyway (it will improve the X3 vibration/stability) - then it will be ready for an X5 when/if you get one with no more modification needed.

I have the original I1 cam mount and never a problem with X3 vibration/stability. Don't forget to upgrade to the new v2 propellers and locks. They make changing props a breeze. I think the wider mount is to accommodate the x5.

Feel like the x5 camera is too heavy for I1...x3 is the perfect size. That maybe the reason why they come up with I2 with bigger motor and props.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

The easiest way for me to tell was from the looks of the carbon fiber and the gimbal mount. v1 carbon fiber has somewhat of a camo look to it and the gimbal mount doesnt extend out past the body of the drone. The x5 gimbal mount will extend out further then the body and you can clearly see the rubber idolators. v2 came with the x5 mount. I believe this to be true so If wrong someone please correct me.
Jeff

The easiest way for me to tell was from the looks of the carbon fiber and the gimbal mount. v1 carbon fiber has somewhat of a camo look to it and the gimbal mount doesnt extend out past the body of the drone. The x5 gimbal mount will extend out further then the body and you can clearly see the rubber idolators. v2 came with the x5 mount. I believe this to be true so If wrong someone please correct me.
Jeff
good. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips